+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Governed Professions

quebecqa

Oct 23, 2009
Hey all,

I've been wondering what to do about Step 1 on the "Submitting an official immigration application" page (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/practising-profession.html).

Immigration-Quebec calls for members of "Governed Professions" to be evaluated by professional orders before the application for a CSQ. Since a ton of the applicants on here seem to be engineers of one sort or another, it makes sense to address this issue, which appears to have been sidelined on this forum.

The processing time can take up to 36 months, which is ludicrous. And it's 4 times as expensive as simply applying for immigration to Quebec!

So my question is, is this process necessary? Do people that have gotten their CSQ's gone through this?

Any input would be much appreciated by me, and likely by many others. :)

Thanks,
quebecqa.

bobine

May 5, 2008
i got my csq but i didn't go through all that and all you need to know is there is a professional order for some profession and if one would like to exerce these kind of profession, one must be evaluated in order to get accepted.
now by applying 4 csq one must signed the form and this mean : ok i am aware of this and i will obey it!
that's it...