+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec application question

Strumm

Nov 11, 2009
Hi guys,

If Im a resident of the US, where should I send in the docs for the CSQ application.
Buffalo or Montreal?

Also Im applying for only the Skilled worker program for a field which is still in demand in Quebec. Since Im an engineer I intend to only work there and not practice it, as in not starting an engineering company. Therefore do I have to fill in this document:

'Declaration by a candidate in a profession governed by a professional order in Quebec'

Thanks in advance

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Strumm,

Here are the answers to your questions. Your inbox is full and my PM could not be delivered hence posting it here.

1. First of all whats the exact process?
a. I apply for the CSQ, how long will that reply take?

The process involved
1. Fill out the CSQ application form. Mail along with the form, the application fees, photographs of the primary applicant and all dependents, all post secondary marksheets and degree certificates, work experience letters from all previous employers (original letter), any certificates showing french proficiency, bank statements for 4-6 months with a healthy bank balance

Once they receive all the application materials, you will receive a receipt along with a file no. This usually takes 4-6 weeks depending on which part of the world you are applying from. Then you have to wait for an interview call or an interview waiver notice which means that they will mail you a CSQ without interviewing you.

If you are called for an interview, you need to be able to speak basic french. What i understand browsing through various forums is that the interview's are usually 50% in english and 50% in french. At the end of the interview you will be given a CSQ right away if they find you well qualified and adaptable

You can find out the time taken to process the application through their website

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/procedure.html

Just select the country where you are legally residing as of today and you can find out the waiting time.

I live and work in montreal and it took me 4 months to get CSQ with an interview waiver.

b. if its approved what are the next steps. i know its the CIC application but there are these small steps in between that I hope not to miss out. do you have a step by step process of application.

There are no steps (atleast i am not aware of) in between getting the CSQ and filing your federal application. It is a good idea to get your Police clearence certificates in the meantime. The idea is to time it right. PCC's are valid typically for 6 months and you want to make sure that you have your PCC ready or atleast get them pretty soon after you get the CSQ.

2. during the application for the CSQ, there's an appendice that I need to figure out:
Declaration by a candidate in a profession governed by a professional order in Québec

I posted that on the forum but no replies as yet. since Im applying to work in a company and not start my own profession, do I need to fill that out?

Are you a P.E Engineer? or something similar...if so then you need to fill out that section, else it is not applicable to you.

I am an aerospace engineer but not a P.E and I did not fill it.I recommend you double check with a few people who have applied and procured CSQ in the recent past

3. In the part of the application which states the work ex and the studies, are they asking for all the qualification docs for only the pric application or also for the spouse.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/dcs-workers/list-documents.html
Nos 7 and 8

You need to provide attested photocopies of all secondary and post secondary education including marksheets and degree certificates for both the primary applicant and the spouse. The work exp letters have to be in original and once again both the applicant and the spouse need to provide with the work exp letters.

4. Regarding the proficiency in French we both studies french for 5 years in school and college and during the online assessment when we put french qualificatons as basic 1 or 2 it came out as we are qualified for the quebec PNP. so do we still need to take any of these tests for French?

How and where did you learn french? Do you have any certificates to prove your french language skills? My wife took 3 levels of french course from alliance frances and both of us enrolled at the local evening adult education center and provided the registration forms and the past french certificates as proof of language skills. If you have anything similar, mail them an attested photocopy. If not,then the immigration officer will judge your french skills during interview.

You do not have to take the tests for french.

5. cost of application is 390 plus 150, would that be 2 separate bank checks or just one for 540.
are there any other payments for the csq?

You can send just 1 bank draft for 540 canadian$. You do not need to send 2 separate bank drafts. There are no other costs involved for CSQ.

Hope my answers are able to provide you with a direction.

Where are you currently residing? What is your occupation? Is it in the "occupations in demand" list?

Good luck with everything.

Best Regards

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

It is rather unfortunate to inform you that if you have submitted your application to Quebec and you have not yet been called for an interview nor have got the final decision yet, your application will be processed according to the new rules in effect since August 1st, 2013, no matter when you submitted your application.

Please check this FAQ, specifically answer No. 1
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

Also, please help us to send a complaint to the Minister of Immigration by using the link below, you can send the complaint in either English or French,

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/ecrire.html

Many thanks guys!