+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine in another province

Abdu.y

May 10, 2021
Hello everyone

I have a question regarding quarantine upon arrival to Canada. I will start my study at Memorial university in Newfoundland in this coming winter, and I am planning to come to Canada around mid November. I am planning to arrive through Montréal and stay there for about 2 or 3 weeks before heading to NL.
I am fully vaccinated but according to government website I still need to provide a quarantine place in case I am not qualified for exemption. If I booked an Airbnb for 2 weeks in Montreal, will that be enough or I have to book it in Newfoundland Because information on the memorial university website is not clear for me.

The below are from the university website

“While Canadian border restrictions are still in place, we cannot provide supporting travel documents to international students who do not intend to travel directly to Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) upon their arrival in Canada. If you choose not to travel to NL, Memorial University cannot support you in the event you must self-isolate. If you do not intend to travel directly to NL upon arrival in Canada, you should still have suitable quarantine plan in place and be aware of any provincial restrictions that may apply to you where you are staying.”

and in the next page

“Please be advised that you cannot quarantine in another province at this time.”

thank you