+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q & A for Express entry programme : Skilled Professional

Jul 31, 2017
Hello There,

I am starting this thread to seek guidance for Express entry programme for skilled professionals in Canada. Please spare a minute or two to assess my profile and guide me through the process. As I am starting just now, I have too many question but will ask only the most important ones for now and may be we can discuss about other queries later on. Also, I want to complete whole process in next 6 months so please guide accordingly.

About me: I am an experienced professional (7 years) and working as a DevOps (cloud computing) in Telecom startup based in US/India. Academically, I had pursued Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Compute Engineering domain during 2006-2010. I am also a certified CCNA (expired now), RHCE and RHCSA which I feel should boost my chances.

Questions that I have currently at very basis level:

1) Do I need to appear for IELTS ? If yes, I believe it will be under "IELTS General Training" category since I want to work in Canada
2) What is next step which I should take after I am done with #1? Assessing or submitting profile directly?
3) I will have to search for job(which I feel will be best after getting done with PR part). So is job bank helpful enough or should I go to other portals like monster, indeed, etc.?
4) What is the average cost for getting complete process done for Express entry programme in USD/INR? Do I also have to show some minimum bank balance?

Thanks for being patient enough to read out all the details. I am sure someone will surely be able to help me and others might also get guidance from this thread.

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
1.Yes, language test is a must even for native English Speakers. This is a stupid requirement.
2.Register on IRCC website and create a Express Entry profile/application to see your score and do some research on the recent EE draw.
3.Job bank is not really helpful from my experience, you have to prey someone will take you if you are not in Canada. 99% employers would require you to be on site for interview, at least you need to be in Canada.
4.The cost would involve application fees, medical check cost, police certificate cost, any translation/certification for your documents. For DIY, prepare 2K USD to be safe. You need to have at least 12-13K CAD(about 10K USD) to show immigration. Bank statements would be required for the last 6 months.

Reactions: md_uddin