+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD on H&C Grounds Abu Dhabi Office

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
My permanent resident card renewal request submitted on September 20, 2023, on Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) grounds, was approved on March 11, 2024 and I was instructed to collect my PR card in person from Etobicoke Center, Canada. Additionally, my son’s visit visa application, submitted on February 2, 2024, was approved on March 14, 2024. I started my Masters in Toronto from September 2023, I had planned to return to Canada before my PR Card expired after visiting Pakistan during the winter break in November 2023 to see my son, who was struggling without his mother hoping his visit visa would be approved by the end of my winter break in January 2024. Unfortunately, my husband and son’s visit visa application, submitted on September 28, 2024, was refused on January 29, 2024. I reapplied for my Son's Visa on February 2, 2024 and it got approved on March 14, 2024. I applied for PRTD on March 18, 2024 but still has not gotten an response. Wondering if there are any success stories of getting PRTD on H&C grounds from Abu Dhabi office.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My permanent resident card renewal request submitted on September 20, 2023, on Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) grounds, was approved on March 11, 2024 and I was instructed to collect my PR card in person from Etobicoke Center, Canada. Additionally, my son’s visit visa application, submitted on February 2, 2024, was approved on March 14, 2024. I started my Masters in Toronto from September 2023, I had planned to return to Canada before my PR Card expired after visiting Pakistan during the winter break in November 2023 to see my son, who was struggling without his mother hoping his visit visa would be approved by the end of my winter break in January 2024. Unfortunately, my husband and son’s visit visa application, submitted on September 28, 2024, was refused on January 29, 2024. I reapplied for my Son's Visa on February 2, 2024 and it got approved on March 14, 2024. I applied for PRTD on March 18, 2024 but still has not gotten an response. Wondering if there are any success stories of getting PRTD on H&C grounds from Abu Dhabi office.
Yes, people have certainly been approved through this office.

The challenge you face is that you also applied for the PR card under H&C and they have asked you to pick the card up in person. Normally IRCC expect you to remain in Canada once you have submitted the PR card application which is why they have requested the in person pick up.

It's going to be hard for any of us to guess what the chances of approval will be for the PRTD or low much longer you may be waiting.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add there is typically a date before you have to schedule your potential PR card pick-up and go through an interview. Had you updated your file to indicate that you had left Canada in November 2023? The fact that you had relocated to Canada in September 2023 may have had a large impact on the H&C application.

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
Would add there is typically a date before you have to schedule your potential PR card pick-up and go through an interview. Had you updated your file to indicate that you had left Canada in November 2023? The fact that you had relocated to Canada in September 2023 may have had a large impact on the H&C application.
My PR Card expired on February 5, 2024 and I left Canada Temporarily as my 2 year old son was in Pakistan. I thought I would take him with me to Canada when his Visit Visa is granted which unfortunately was not.

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
Yes, people have certainly been approved through this office.

The challenge you face is that you also applied for the PR card under H&C and they have asked you to pick the card up in person. Normally IRCC expect you to remain in Canada once you have submitted the PR card application which is why they have requested the in person pick up.

It's going to be hard for any of us to guess what the chances of approval will be for the PRTD or low much longer you may be waiting.

Good luck.
I left my 2 year old son in Pakistan and applied for his Visit Visa on September 28, 2024, i waited till November 2023 for his visit visa approval which unfortunately got refused on January 30, 2024. Being a mother I couldn't stay away from him for that long, I stated this reason in my application for PRTD, let's hope I get it ASAP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My PR Card expired on February 5, 2024 and I left Canada Temporarily as my 2 year old son was in Pakistan. I thought I would take him with me to Canada when his Visit Visa is granted which unfortunately was not.
So did you update your PR card application when you left Canada as you are required to? Did you continue doing the masters degree or did you withdraw during first semester? If you are no longer studying another correction that should be made in your H&C file.

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
So did you update your PR card application when you left Canada as you are required to? Did you continue doing the masters degree or did you withdraw during first semester? If you are no longer studying another correction that should be made in your H&C file.
'' I did not update them but I am still enrolled in my MS Program and I have completed 3 courses out of four, one is left which I will do in September hopefully.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
'' I did not update them but I am still enrolled in my MS Program and I have completed 3 courses out of four, one is left which I will do in September hopefully.
You are required to update IRCC of any changes to your profile. Your passport will be examined during your interview and you will be asked whether you remained in Canada after applying for H&C so it is better to be honest upfront so it doesn’t appear that you have misrepresented your case. Having an approved PR card is typically contingent on passing a short interview first.

Last edited:

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
You are required to update IRCC of any changes to your profile. Your passport will be examined during your interview and you will be asked whether you remained in Canada after applying for H&C so it is better to be honest upfront so it doesn’t appear that you have misrepresented your case. Having an approved PR card is typically contingent on passing a short interview first.
How can I update them? I left Canada due to an emergency.

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
You send in a webform. Your child missing you is not an emergency.
For a mother, it kind of is, especially if her child wakes up in the middle of the night and cries for her. My ticket was booked for December 14 and I paid extra to change it for November 19 and missed that flight, took another flight the same day to get back home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For a mother, it kind of is, especially if her child wakes up in the middle of the night and cries for her. My ticket was booked for December 14 and I paid extra to change it for November 19 and missed that flight, took another flight the same day to get back home.
Do you know how many women are separated from their children in order to work and support their family? Your personal choices led to the separation.

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
I am not saying that women don't do that, but expecting every woman to travel thousands of miles while she is pregnant, have her baby alone, live separately from her children, or risk losing her PR status is not fair. It was my personal choice but it would have been comparatively easier for me to leave my child and go to Canada to sponsor him if I were a man.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am not saying that women don't do that, but expecting every woman to travel thousands of miles while she is pregnant, have her baby alone, live separately from her children, or risk losing her PR status is not fair. It was my personal choice but it would have been comparatively easier for me to leave my child and go to Canada to sponsor him if I were a man.
There's no sense arguing with anyone here about what constitutes valid H&C reasons. IRCC officer will decide. There will be some additional skepticism because you applied for H&C renewal of your PR Card. Note that usual North American usage of 'emergency' is some extremely urgent matter which requires immediate action; that's why you're getting pushback on your use of that word, as it doesn't really correspond to what circumstances you described. Even if you think it does - no sense arguing about it.

No-one here knows from this thread why you had to travel thousands of miles to deliver your child, nor the rest of your timeline, but not really info that's needed either. Explaining it here won't get the visa office to process it any faster.

Reactions: canuck78

ss110

Sep 26, 2017
There's no sense arguing with anyone here about what constitutes valid H&C reasons. IRCC officer will decide. There will be some additional skepticism because you applied for H&C renewal of your PR Card. Note that usual North American usage of 'emergency' is some extremely urgent matter which requires immediate action; that's why you're getting pushback on your use of that word, as it doesn't really correspond to what circumstances you described. Even if you think it does - no sense arguing about it.

No-one here knows from this thread why you had to travel thousands of miles to deliver your child, nor the rest of your timeline, but not really info that's needed either. Explaining it here won't get the visa office to process it any faster.
Yes ,you are right.