+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd on H & C ground

Ankdurrani

Apr 4, 2015
Hi All,

Just wanted to give a small update on my case. I applied for PRTD on H&C grounds in Oct 2022. I received their refusal yesterday, on Jan 15, 2024, after roughly 15 months of painful waiting.

Just wanted to thank all of you for being so patient and helpful with each other. I have received so much hope and guidance from participants in these forums that I cannot thank all of enough.

Now another journey starts. I am not sure if I will appeal this or not. Although I thought I had a compelling case, they briefly said in the letter that they have considered my H&C reasons and are not satisfied with them. On the other hand Canadian immigration lawyers are quite expensive (demanding roughly 20-25K CAD for our family of 4).

what do you guys suggest?
1- Appeal with a lawyer.
2- Appeal without a lawyer.
3- Do not appeal and renounce PR to wipe the slate clean.

Thank you all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

Just wanted to give a small update on my case. I applied for PRTD on H&C grounds in Oct 2022. I received their refusal yesterday, on Jan 15, 2024, after roughly 15 months of painful waiting.

Just wanted to thank all of you for being so patient and helpful with each other. I have received so much hope and guidance from participants in these forums that I cannot thank all of enough.

Now another journey starts. I am not sure if I will appeal this or not. Although I thought I had a compelling case, they briefly said in the letter that they have considered my H&C reasons and are not satisfied with them. On the other hand Canadian immigration lawyers are quite expensive (demanding roughly 20-25K CAD for our family of 4).

1- Appeal with a lawyer.

Thank you all.
Sorry about your refusal. Cannot comment because don’t know your case and situation. You have lost PR status. You need to decide whether you beleive your case for all family members is compelling and meets laws and regulations. You need a lawyer. Need to decide if you really want PR.

If you can get nomination or ITA through current economic programs then start over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

1- Appeal with a lawyer.

Thank you all.
How much time has your family spent in Canada? It appears that you may have received PR in the past 10 years and have had at least one child outside Canada since then.