+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA Application

andres123

Oct 16, 2011
Hello
I have a few questions i hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
We are a family, a couple and a child who was born here in Canada, we applied 2 years ago for refugee, it was denied then we applied to appeal on the federal court but they denied the chance for a second hearing, we are thinking to apply for PRRA. How long is the process for that? If we decide to make a humanitarian application when would be the best time to do it? Can we apply for both?
Thanks for the help, we cant afford a lawyer anymore and we need information

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andres123 said:
Hello
I have a few questions i hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
We are a family, a couple and a child who was born here in Canada, we applied 2 years ago for refugee, it was denied then we applied to appeal on the federal court but they denied the chance for a second hearing, we are thinking to apply for PRRA. How long is the process for that? If we decide to make a humanitarian application when would be the best time to do it? Can we apply for both?
Thanks for the help, we cant afford a lawyer anymore and we need information
You can apply for both. But if you don't apply for a PRRA you will be removed. If the PRRA is negative, then you will still be removed while the H&C application is being processed. H.& C could take up to 2 years or more.

andres123

Oct 16, 2011
Hello
thanks for your reply
How long does the PRRA application take? Having in mind that we are Mexican.
When are we going to get the application?

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
You would need to provide details of when you were refused at the refugee board to give an idea of timeline to expect to be called in.

al1234

Feb 9, 2012
Hi everyone.

I had a few questions regarding PRRA application and I am hoping someone here has the answers.

Is is possible to extend the deadline for submitting the supporting documents from the 15 day limit. Most of my documents are very sensitive and I do not think I will get them on time.

Also, if I mail in documents after the deadline will they consider them before making a decision? Or is it only limited to the documents they receive before deadline.

If anyone can help, please do soon as my deadline is in a few days.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

al1234 said:
Hi everyone.

I had a few questions regarding PRRA application and I am hoping someone here has the answers.

Is is possible to extend the deadline for submitting the supporting documents from the 15 day limit. Most of my documents are very sensitive and I do not think I will get them on time.

Also, if I mail in documents after the deadline will they consider them before making a decision? Or is it only limited to the documents they receive before deadline.

If anyone can help, please do soon as my deadline is in a few days.

Thank you in advance for your help.
1. There is no extension. You have 15 days to submit new evidence that was not before the IRB.
2. Documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Any documents received until a decision is made would be considered, but if the 15 day timeline has been reached you need to be aware that a decision could be made the day after the 15th day based on the information available. The usual situation though is that the decision will not happen that quickly. You are best to submit any supporting evidence as soon as possible and at least what is available by the 15th day and submitting any further information received after that bearing in mind that it might not be considered if a decision is reached before you submit it.