+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving strong family ties!!!!

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A single man of 34 years old that has no child is however a care giver of his older parents and they dont live with him. They live in the country side but he lives in the city to earn his living. What is the best way to prove that he is a care giver? Is it the bank transactions from his bank account to his parents bank account? The parents dont work anymore but they have a home and land. Is that a strong family tie? If so what is the best way to prove it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think it will be a real stretch to say his parents are a strong tie. He only supports them financially (he could do that from anywhere). He's not a caregiver in a true sense of the word. For their relationship to be a true strong tie, I think he would have to live with them and they would have to depend on him for daily tasks (e.g. he cooks all of their means, he drives them whenever they need to go somewhere, he makes sure they take their daily medication, he helps them bathe/get up the stairs). In this case he would provide proof that shows he lives with them and doctors notes stating that he is their primary caregiver for day to day tasks because they are too elderly/ill to live on their own and take care of these basic tasks themselves.

Having said that - you can certainly include this information and try. I just don't think it's that strong.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And what is the definition that IC gives to that term? They give reasons in their letter of refusal but gives no help at all or give the definition of it.
We can all give a personal definition of our own of that term and for one person it may mean one thing and for another something else. So your definition has its own value just as mine and is respected but what is the definition that IC gives to it? Does it depend on the definition that the VO gives to it or the value that he considers as an important one? If not then why cant Canada put one in writing and give descriptions of it so that we know what they are looking for? This application thing for visas looks like a big GUESS ME game . ::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on what I've seen on this forum, the definition applied by CIC is fairly straight forward even if they don't publish it. It's your spouse and/or children. Those are the types of family ties that are considered as strong. Anything beyond that and you really have to sell CIC on why they should be classified as strong ties.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot by the way! If your info is correct then , all the people who are not married and/or dont have children are disqualified automatically. is it that radical? If so , we are penalizing all of those who are requesting TRV's and falls within this criteria.

Is Canada a country of hope or despair? I wonder.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think i need professionnal help to prepare this application for TRV. Help!!!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The purpose of your trip is just as important. Evidence of steady employment(and letter from employer stating when you are expected to resume work) or proof of ownership of business(es), etc. This also helps establish strong ties.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree that it is a strong tie but its not a family tie. I personally think that taking care of parents financially is a tie whether or not you live with them. They depend on you for their basic needs.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
ouihel01 said:
I agree that it is a strong tie but its not a family tie. I personally think that taking care of parents financially is a tie whether or not you live with them. They depend on you for their basic needs.
but if u help them financialy so u can help where ever u are but the thinh is othet than qife or children the personal asseats is ur property,current running business,your current job,ur rented flate tendency agreement,ur phone call bill of ur home which is at ur name,that sme thing mean that u have to cum back cuz of all this.....i hope ot will help

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Showing that you pay your bills: rent, phone ,etc...is not a family tie. It only shows that u can pay your bills. Thats it.

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi,

I had a couple re: this as well.

My mum's previous tourist was also rejected based on our inability to prove she has strong family ties back home and in Canada. So, I wanted to ask how does she prove she has strong ties back home? What we have is my father (retired) and my brother (recent graduate) who have been living with her for the past 20-odd years. She recently retired and doesn't get pension so we can't even show that she has a economical tie up back home. But what we can show is property, some liquid and non-liquid assets. What are some other ways to show she has a strong family ties in India. In Canada, it'll be my sister and me who can show has ties with us.

My other question is regarding all the essential documents for a tourist visa? Do I also need to submit a CA certificate assessing her financial record? Finally, the website mentions submitting a marriage certificate. She doesn't have that anymore. How important is that while submitting the application for tourist visa?

Look forward to someone's revert on the above.

Thanks and regards,
Roma