+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee versus spousal sponsorship

Jun 7, 2023
Hello,
I am Canadian and my partner is European.
We are both health care professionals working in Canada.

We recently submitted a spousal sponsorship application , my partner also has an express entry profile but she has been working in Canada for less then 1 year and has a score of 450, she is also on the list of in demand occupation tier 1 for the new occupation based express entry category.

She recently received a notification of interest from the province of Ontario. We were wondering if we would be able to apply for the provincial nominee even though we have already submitted the spousal application? We just want to have the permanent residency/open work permit done as soon as possible.

Thanks for the advise

Sent from my iPhone

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

We recently submitted a spousal sponsorship application , my partner also has an express entry profile but she has been working in Canada for less then 1 year and has a score of 450, she is also on the list of in demand occupation tier 1 for the new occupation based express entry category.

She recently received a notification of interest from the province of Ontario. We were wondering if we would be able to apply for the provincial nominee even though we have already submitted the spousal application? We just want to have the permanent residency/open work permit done as soon as possible.

Thanks for the advise

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, you can do both at the same time.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the advise

Sent from my iPhone
Yes go right ahead and apply for both if you want to. Just note that you may lose the fees for one of the programs when the other is approved.