+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee expired without having applied for PR

May 6, 2023
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests. I unfortunately did not realise of my 6 month time limit to apply for PR since qualifying for the PNP (I am in the BC PNP).

I am currently in Canada with my work permit still valid until 2025 (passport expiry) and am working in the same position for the same employer as who sponsored me for the PNP.

Based on the research I've done, it's not looking good as I did not apply for PR prior to my nomination expiring... (in fact, my nomination had already expired before I even set foot in Canada). I am thinking I may have to resubmit a PNP application? This would not be great as I assume I would have to pay the fee again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests. I unfortunately did not realise of my 6 month time limit to apply for PR since qualifying for the PNP (I am in the BC PNP).

I am currently in Canada with my work permit still valid until 2025 (passport expiry) and am working in the same position for the same employer as who sponsored me for the PNP.

Based on the research I've done, it's not looking good as I did not apply for PR prior to my nomination expiring... (in fact, my nomination had already expired before I even set foot in Canada). I am thinking I may have to resubmit a PNP application? This would not be great as I assume I would have to pay the fee again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
If you didn’t submitted your application for PR before your PNP nomination expired , there is not much you can do now . You have to reapply PNP application again from scratch and obtain new nomination.

Reactions: Naturgrl
May 6, 2023
If you didn’t submitted your application for PR before your PNP nomination expired , there is not much you can do now . You have to reapply PNP application again from scratch and obtain new nomination.
Thanks for the reply. That was my assumption too which sucks but that's the way it is.

Would this affect my current employment situation?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the reply. That was my assumption too which sucks but that's the way it is.

Would this affect my current employment situation?
Nope . No impact on anything. I assumed you applied through job offer, if yes you can reapply with same job.