+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination --- >work Permit

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
Provincial Nomination
Provincial Nomination contains elements similar to Arranged Employment and to Work Permits. Most Canadian provinces and one territory offer nomination programs that lead to a Canada Immigration Visa. Most often, it involves a permanent job offer of indeterminate length from an employer in a particular province.

Advantages

Once you have been nominated by a province you can usually immediately receive a work permit to come to Canada and begin work, even before your Canada Immigration Visa is issued.
Your application for Permanent Residence in Canada will receive priority processing and you will usually receive your visa in less than one year.
You may qualify for Provincial Nomination even in some occupations that are not considered “high-skilled”

Disadvantages

Before offering you the position, your potential provincial employer will usually have to demonstrate that efforts were made to hire Canadian residents, but those efforts were unsuccessful.
It will not get you to Canada as quickly as a work permit, but it’s still relatively fast.

hey i found this from http://www.canadavisa.com/fast-track-canada-immigration-visa-application.html this site... please any one clearfy me about

this advantage ?what does this mean ?can i go to canada just after i got the nomination letter?
Once you have been nominated by a province you can usually immediately receive a work permit to come to Canada and begin work, even before your Canada Immigration Visa is issued.

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
This means you can use the nomination letter to obtain a work permit. As soon as you receive the work permit you can go to Canada.
We could not get an LMO so we waited until we got the nomination, applied for the work permit, received it within one month and then moved to Canada.
Vince

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
Vince said:
Hi,
This means you can use the nomination letter to obtain a work permit. As soon as you receive the work permit you can go to Canada.
We could not get an LMO so we waited until we got the nomination, applied for the work permit, received it within one month and then moved to Canada.
Vince
for work permit i should need a job offer ? wat is LMO ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMO is a labour market opinion. It is something the employer usually needs to get approved before you can apply for your work permit. He has to prove that he has advertised the jobs and found no PR's or citizens who wanted or were qualified for the job as well as he is offering market wage.

If you have already been nominated by a PNP, they can exempt you from needing an LMO.

For example, if an LMO is hard to get or has even been denied, the employer can still give you a job offer and nominate you for PNP. If your PNP is approved, they will lift your need to get an LMO and you can get a work permit.

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
Leon said:
LMO is a labour market opinion. It is something the employer usually needs to get approved before you can apply for your work permit. He has to prove that he has advertised the jobs and found no PR's or citizens who wanted or were qualified for the job as well as he is offering market wage.

If you have already been nominated by a PNP, they can exempt you from needing an LMO.

For example, if an LMO is hard to get or has even been denied, the employer can still give you a job offer and nominate you for PNP. If your PNP is approved, they will lift your need to get an LMO and you can get a work permit.
so the bottom life we need a job offer first .and how we get that offer ? thats the main big problem.any one helop me out iam a software engineer (java developer ) and my husband is a network infrastructure engineer

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just search for jobs all over Canada and apply on those that fit your profile. It's not easy and most employers never even respond to job applications but you just have to keep trying.
Vince

pmiklos

Aug 19, 2009
qaiser said:
so the bottom life we need a job offer first .and how we get that offer ? thats the main big problem.any one helop me out iam a software engineer (java developer ) and my husband is a network infrastructure engineer
Hi

Yes, the question is how to get a job offer. I am also a Java Developer who are wrestling to find a job in Canada. I am pretty sure that you have to go for a face-to-face interview in order to get a job. So you have to be in Canada. But it is a bit costly to fly to Canada for every job interview. Of course you can say that you should travel to Canada for some weeks to find a job. So you have to support some weeks (or months) of living in Canada.
As I see you have the following scenarios:
  • you get a temporary job and you need a temporary work permit. It seems to be the fastest way to work in Canada it takes only some weeks.
  • you get a job offer which you use for applying to a PNP. The PNP process could take several months to proceed. After it you can get your work permit and begin to work.

I would ask in the first case: Are there employers in IT who would hire immigrant Software Developer as a temporary worker?
And I would ask in the second case: Is there any employer who would wait for 10 or more months for an immigrant to start working?

Getting the permanent resident visa is a very long process in each cases. This time I think getting a temporary job and extending it until I get the visa is the quickest way to live and work in Canada. Do I think it right? So is it a right way to immigrate to Canada?

Regards
Peter

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, temporary worker if possible is better for the employer. It means you can start working for him faster and it also means that you might be stuck with him for a while because it might not be that easy for you to find another job and change your work permit.

Giving you a job offer on the other hand is an unknown factor for the employer. He will have to wait for you, he may not even need you any more when you finally get to Canada or you may decide to not come work for him after you come. You can still talk about getting a job offer as a possibility. If you find somebody who wants to hire you and they think that an LMO will be denied or he tries it and it is denied, you can suggest a job offer as another option.

pmiklos

Aug 19, 2009
Thank you for your reply Leon. It did not come to my mind before but now it seems trivial to get a job offer then apply for a temporal work permit and apply for a PNP in parallel. This way I would be able to start to work in weeks, perhaps. However, it might be unnecessary to apply for both because the provincial portion of an employer driven immigration in some PNP also takes only a few weeks. And then a work permit could be requested immediately as well. Now, the question is whether which is the quickest and the most certain way of getting the work permit?

As far as I know LMO is not needed for software developers which might ease the application process. Once I found this link, but it might be out-of-date:
www cic.gc.ca/english/work/itw-jobs.asp (sorry, I am not allowed to post links)

Regards,
Peter

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in a profession where you don't need an LMO, even better. Then all you have to do is start looking for a job. If you are visa exempt you can apply for your work permit when you arrive in Canada. You just need a letter of job offer and clarify that it is an LMO exempt category. You would get the work permit immediately.

kaisantori

Feb 28, 2010
hi leon. i'm just wondering. how long does it take after i pass my application for ainp to buffalo before i get a certificate of nomination? (i applied under employer driven stream).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaisantori said:
hi leon. i'm just wondering. how long does it take after i pass my application for ainp to buffalo before i get a certificate of nomination? (i applied under employer driven stream).
You get the certificate of nomination from AINP before you apply to Buffalo. Somebody I know who applied under employer driven stream in 2008 got the nomination in 3 months and the PR in less than a year but the times can change so if you want to know for sure, contact the AINP. You can see the Buffalo processing time here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/04-provincial.asp#west

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, from what I have heard, the AINP will waive your need for an LMO if you have been nominated. You should talk to the AINP about that. You still would need to renew your work permit but no LMO needed.