+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROVIDING POLICE CLEARANCE WITHOUT REQUEST

dumbhotpotato

Oct 5, 2021
hi! i wanted to know if it is okay to provide a police clearance document through webform even though it wad not requested. my mom’s visitor visa was lodged almost 3 months ago and the background check started almost two months ago. she got a police clearance report and i wanna make sure if it’s okay to submit it although they didn’t ask for it because i thought it might help them about the application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi! i wanted to know if it is okay to provide a police clearance document through webform even though it wad not requested. my mom’s visitor visa was lodged almost 3 months ago and the background check started almost two months ago. she got a police clearance report and i wanna make sure if it’s okay to submit it although they didn’t ask for it because i thought it might help them about the application.
You can but a background check also involves searching immigration databases with the US, UK, NZ and AUS (examples) for overstays, refusals etc. It is not just about where you live. So it may not move forward the application.