+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing ELECTRONIC version of FBI Identity History Summary from third party chaneller

Zeesh

Jun 3, 2016
Hello good people,

I am a Canadian PR and planning to send in Canada sponsorship application for my wife who is a US citizen. My wife has lived in Bangladesh for the first 20 years of her life. Since the age of 18, my wife has lived in Bangladesh for 2 years and then spent the rest of her time (almost 6 years) in USA. My questions are the following:

1. Besides sending the FBI Identity History Summary, does my wife also need to provide the Bangladesh police clearance certificate?

2. For the FBI certificate, we have the ELECTRONIC version received through a third party chaneller (i.e. IdentoGo). Since my wife is a US citizen, will IRCC accept printout of the electronic version or does she need to provide the original hardcopy from the FBI?

3. If my wife needs to provide the original hardcopy from the FBI, we will need to submit the application form to FBI by mail. My question is, can I send the mail application by CanadaPost or do I need to send by a certain courier from Canada?

4. How long can it take to receive the FBI certificate by mail?

Would really appreciate help in this regard. Thanks in advance.