+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work Experience

deepone

Dec 1, 2018
Hello all,

I have just applied for EE and would like to know if the job contract is enough or I will need a letter stating that I worked there?

Which one is mandatory which one is suggested to have?

Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You will need a letter from your company detailing your job duties, salary, title and hours worked. The job contract is not enough.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hello ,
I Have a critical question about gaps in employment

I have 4 months paid full time work ex in Company A (rank 1 training phase 1) jun to october 2014

1.5 month gap

4 months 28 days paid fulltime work ex in Company A ( rank 1 training phase 2)
Dec to may 2015
11 months gap ( promotion exam )

2.9 years full time paid work ex in Company B(rank 2) april 2016- jan 2019
This is foreign work experience.
This work ex is under the same NOC but different ranks
How it will be calculated?

Please help I have already submitted my profile with company B experince and score 440 vut if I would be able to add expeirece of that 8 months work ex in company A it would fetch me 465.

I only have employment letter stating (rank tenure ) and salary slips from company A
And a reference letter from colleague.

deepone

Dec 1, 2018
You will need a letter from your company detailing your job duties, salary, title and hours worked. The job contract is not enough.
All those mentioned topics are explained in the contract already. Including a detailed description of my job duties, title, salary, hours worked. It will be more or less the same thing in a different format.

I have another work experience where these things are not mentioned or explained in the contract and I have the 'reference' letter which explains all those...

I could ask them to provide that letter as well but would like to know what I have is enough or not?

Thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
All those mentioned topics are explained in the contract already. Including a detailed description of my job duties, title, salary, hours worked. It will be more or less the same thing in a different format.

I have another work experience where these things are not mentioned or explained in the contract and I have the 'reference' letter which explains all those...

I could ask them to provide that letter as well but would like to know what I have is enough or not?

Thanks.
Yes, but the contract is signed at the beginning of your employment which may be years ago. You need a current letter that reaffirms that you are actually doing all the things that your contract stated. It's not uncommon for people's job duties to change over time even if they don't sign a brand new employment contract. For example, when you get a raise, you don't sign a new contract. Or perhaps you move to a new office location. Again, you don't sign a new contract.

In addition, the letter will have your manager's or HR manager's name and contact information on it. They are endorsing it and IRCC may call them to verify the information.

The person who countersigned your contract may be long gone from the company and even if still there, may not have any idea who you are. Again, in large companies this is not uncommon.

deepone

Dec 1, 2018
Yes, but the contract is signed at the beginning of your employment which may be years ago. You need a current letter that reaffirms that you are actually doing all the things that your contract stated. It's not uncommon for people's job duties to change over time even if they don't sign a brand new employment contract. For example, when you get a raise, you don't sign a new contract. Or perhaps you move to a new office location. Again, you don't sign a new contract.

In addition, the letter will have your manager's or HR manager's name and contact information on it. They are endorsing it and IRCC may call them to verify the information.

The person who countersigned your contract may be long gone from the company and even if still there, may not have any idea who you are. Again, in large companies this is not uncommon.
That's right. Thank you for the clear information. I will ask them to prepare a letter for me.