+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience with no job duties nor salary information

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I'm the main applicant for the express entry program, and I'm currently in the process of preparing my documents for the application. However, I've run into an issue regarding my spouse's employment letters. Some of them don't include details like job duties or salary information. These are primarily old, short-term part-time jobs (e.g. a supermarket cashier) from at least 8 years ago. These jobs fall under TEER 4/5 on the NOC list and don't contribute to our scores for the express entry program.

The employment letters do provide basic information such as positions held, employment period, and the employee's name. However, contacting these previous employers after so many years to request updated letters with additional details is quite challenging.

My question is: Is it absolutely necessary to include job duties and salary information in these employment letters for the express entry program application? Can we just include these work experiences in personal history instead or employment history so we could just upload what we have or do not have to upload any proofs? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Put in employment history only what you are claiming points for. The rest will still be in personal history so documented somewhere but you will not have to provide proof.