+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience and how to calculate hours.

sajeri

Jan 21, 2018
Hi friends,

I need advise regarding my work experience. I am pretty bad with stuff like this, so I figured it's better to be prepared instead of panicking in case I get an ITA.
I was working in on hospital for roughly 3 years in different positions. I am planning to apply under NOC 1241 (Administrative Assistant) as this matches my core task for all positions. Problem is that I only have a letter that states each position, start and end date, salary group and hours worked per week, but he tasks are missing. Would a job description for each position as supporting document be accepted? Or could a former colleague, who is not working there anymore, write a letter to confirm my tasks?
Also to proof my salary, could I add a document that shows the amount of money and the time I was working there (eg Jan 2012 - Dec 2012 income total: xy, Jan 2013 - July 2013 income total: xy) summarized for each year or does it have to be for each month separately? It's the form I got at the end of each year which was also submitted to the tax authority by the company.

I was also wondering about how to calculate the time of work experience. Do hours or month count? I had this thought after seeing the calculation for part-time jobs. The numbers on the webpage are based on 30 hrs as full-time, 1560hrs per year. My average hours were 38.5 hrs per week which would make 2002 hrs/year. What about the 442 hrs difference? In theory - if it s based on hours worked - the hours of one year full-time employment would be equal to 41 weeks.

Sorry for the long text. I hope anybody can give me advise on that. Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A years experience means 52 weeks / 1560 hours it does not mean working extra hours reduces the requirement for 52 weeks.