+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Self-employed, How to calculate Hours /week for reference letter from clients

new_trisha

Mar 20, 2019
Hello,

After searching on several sources, i would really appreciate if someone can help me on this query.
I am running my own proprietorship business from past 2 yrs. Now, i am applying under FSW category for PR. I have worked with more than 50 different clients. Maximum are ready to provide me reference letter.

Kindly guide me do i have to ask my clients to write hours/week as well on the reference letter?
As a self employed i am working with more than 10 clients at the same time as i am running my own recruitment firm. So if everyone will write 48 hours/week, will that be okay or not?

Lastly i need to know if it is mandatory for a self employed person to mention hours/week on reference letter?

I have all the other documents required:-
1) ITR
2) Invoices
3) Contracts
4) Bank statements of payments

I am just stuck with reference letter.

This topic concerns me mainly due to the lack of clarity.
I would really appreciate any reliable help on this.

Thank you very very much in advance!

Reactions: adamsanders

new_trisha

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,

If my question is not clear let me give you more details and examples.

I would like to mention one more thing, my clients are asking me what stuff apart from; duration(month/s,year/s), roles and responsibilities, amount of business done is required from their end on the reference letter. They can mention the duration like "Since May'2017 to January'2019" but what about working hours ?

They don't know for how many hours i have worked for for them in one particular duration.
For example-
May be in a day i have worked 4 hours for one client and 5 hours for 3 different clients.
May be in a week i have worked 20 hours for one client and 20 hours for other and rest 14 hours for third client.
May be in a month i have worked for 15 different clients and covered all their recruitment requirements.

I think i have made myself clear.

Please help!

Thank you!

Aine

Jul 20, 2021
Hello - did you get PR? I would appreciate any advice about proving the amount of self-employment hours. Can you give me as much details as you can about what you provided, thanks so much.