+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of relationship

S.Clancy

Apr 30, 2012
Hi all,
My Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me to come to Canada. I nearly have all the application finished but I was wondering about the proof of relationship. I have included photos, tickets, cards, emails etc in the questionnaire part but it has a separate section for proof of relationship. Do I need to copy all the proof again or just write a note saying that photos, tickets etc are in the questionnaire part?
Thanks so much, I really appreciate all the help I'm getting

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Don't put two copies in, just have one copy in either the questionnaire part or the proof of relationship part. I'm writing about the 'development of relationship' and 'additional information' on extra sheets to attach to the questionnaire (IMM5490), but putting all my proof (photos etc) together at the end, and will just be putting, "refer to xyz in the proof of relationship part of the application" (or something along those lines) at the relevant point in my development of relationship/additional information writeup.

This is based on information I have gathered from this forum, so I hope I'm doing it right! :)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I just added notes that said, "Please reference our proof of relationship folder". I didn't index anything like "refer to xyz"...that's what they get paid to do...but it was all very organized, so it shouldn't be a monumental task for the officer to reference the proof of relationship stuff...I did put specifics for airline confirmation numbers, but that was about it...

FS