+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship with LDR boyfriend for visitor visa ?

BinaBobina

Feb 22, 2022
Hello,

So me and my boyfriend have been in a long distance online relationship for a few years.
I'm Algerian and he's from Saskatchewan.
We've tried to meet multiple times but due to covid it's been very difficult. We finally decided to try and get me to go to Canada to see him.
I have every document ready for the online visa submission but there is something I am confused about.

What could I put as proof of relationship ? From what I'm seeing in the help section it just states documents for people who are family or common Law partners. But what I supposed to put for my boyfriend ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

So me and my boyfriend have been in a long distance online relationship for a few years.
I'm Algerian and he's from Saskatchewan.
We've tried to meet multiple times but due to covid it's been very difficult. We finally decided to try and get me to go to Canada to see him.
I have every document ready for the online visa submission but there is something I am confused about.

What could I put as proof of relationship ? From what I'm seeing in the help section it just states documents for people who are family or common Law partners. But what I supposed to put for my boyfriend ?
The most important factor in this applicaiton will be proof of ties to his home country (e.g property ownership, employment), showing he has enough proof of funds to pay for his trip to Canada, and ideally also showing evidence of a travel history to countries requiring visas (e.g. US, UK). Your relationship is less imprtant, especially given you have never met in person before. I would reocmmend that you include a letter of invitation and cover the fact that you are in an LDR in that. IRCC will not give much weight to your LDR. The application is going to sink or swim based on his profile and ties to his home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest that you meet in Algeria or a 3rd country. You should try for a TRV but the likelihood of approval is likely quite low.