+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor - Evidence of Financial Support

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Hi everyone. I need to provide evidence of financial support/shared expenses for my wife and I. I am the sponsor and she is the principal applicant. We do have a joint bank account, but we can't provide much evidence of shared expenses because we currently live in my parents' basement and do not pay rent - so there is nothing with us having shared expenses.

The one piece of evidence I have is a dental cleaning that she got that I paid for - I included the receipt and the matching transaction from our bank account. Are there any other pieces of evidence that I could use for this step?

Thanks!

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Yes include that, and anything else similar. You said "our bank account", which means you have one together? That's good, what we did was include screenshots of money we both put into our joint account as savings, and printed out monthly bank statements and highlighted purchases that were for the both of us, etc dinners out together, travel bookings, our gym memberships to the same gym, and gas and insurance for the car we both own. We have each other listed as beneficiaries for our Australian pension funds and on travel insurance as well. They want to know that you work as a team and that one of you isn't using the other person for money so you want to make sure it's not just showing gifts one person bought for another for example. We also wrote a short letter explaining our intentions of buying a house together and also helping each other pay for possible future higher education and other things.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I've copied and pasted something I posted in a thread a while may. You may find it useful.

Some things you may not have thought of that could possibly show the "money" relationship between you and your partner;

- Costco membership (yep really!)
- Joint gym membership (we have a joint membership which my partner has always paid for with his credit card). The gym owner is actually a friend of ours so he wrote confirming the membership from my partners account and that he knew us as a couple..i know that that is a unique situation though!
- A joint credit card? Or are one of you an authorized user on the others card?
- CRA (or other tax) documents showing you as common law/married (i included our tax summary sheets for the past 4 years or so...im named on his, he is named on mine as common law partner)
- Did one of you pay for a trip that you have booking confirmation for showing both your names as "guests"
- Does one of you pay something for the other?

We dont have insurances with the other named as beneficiary nor do we have utility bills (our rent is all inclusive) so the finances part was tricky for us too.