+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship questions (inland spousal sponsorship)

ilya.can.visa

Jul 15, 2018
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the 20 photographs and "Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.)."

1. For the 20 photographs. Is it the principal applicant who must write their name and date of birth and the description on the back of the photos? My wife doesn't write well in English yet, so I wrote the description and my name on the back of the photos, as proof of her relationship to me as the the sponsor. Can she simply add her name and date of birth to the back of the photos or would we need to re-print the photos and have her write the descriptions and only her name and DOB on the back? e.g. I don't write anything at all from my side

2. We are also submitting ""Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.).". These letters are letters of support from my parents, my brother, and my best friends, to support my wife's permanent residence application, where in those letter they provide explanation as to the fact that they know my wife personally, when and where they met, and the characteristic of her personality and our relationship. Is this sufficient for this item? Getting original letters from my wife's side would be problematic, from time perspective, as they would need to send these by physical mail, that may take weeks.

Thank you in advance

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
1. It doesn't matter who writes the description. My sponsor wrote everything.
2. The letters sound good, too. They might find it a little curious that your wife's family didn't provide anything, but that's up to you guys. My Dad wrote one and signed it by hand but sent me a scanned copy. I don't think that's a problem but if her family isn't comfortable writing in English, you might just prefer to have your friends and family. As long as you've fulfilled the checklist, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. And IRCC will ask for more information if they need it.

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the 20 photographs and "Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.)."

1. For the 20 photographs. Is it the principal applicant who must write their name and date of birth and the description on the back of the photos? My wife doesn't write well in English yet, so I wrote the description and my name on the back of the photos, as proof of her relationship to me as the the sponsor. Can she simply add her name and date of birth to the back of the photos or would we need to re-print the photos and have her write the descriptions and only her name and DOB on the back? e.g. I don't write anything at all from my side

2. We are also submitting ""Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.).". These letters are letters of support from my parents, my brother, and my best friends, to support my wife's permanent residence application, where in those letter they provide explanation as to the fact that they know my wife personally, when and where they met, and the characteristic of her personality and our relationship. Is this sufficient for this item? Getting original letters from my wife's side would be problematic, from time perspective, as they would need to send these by physical mail, that may take weeks.

Thank you in advance
2. It's fine for them to scan and email the letters.