+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship Documents for visitor visa

Anonmous101

Oct 5, 2022
I am trying to apply a visitor visa for my mother’s sister (my aunt) to come to Canada for a visit. But the problem is that neither my aunt nor my mom have a birth certificate from their birth country. My aunt has a passport from Bhutan while my mother has a passport from Canada.

Are there any other ways to show proof of relationshipbetween my aunt and my mother?
Or, is there any other way for my aunt to come visit to Canada for few weeks?

TLDR: my aunt and my mom do not have birth certificates to show proof of relationship. Is there any other way to show proof of relationship besides birth certificate?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am trying to apply a visitor visa for my mother’s sister (my aunt) to come to Canada for a visit. But the problem is that neither my aunt nor my mom have a birth certificate from their birth country. My aunt has a passport from Bhutan while my mother has a passport from Canada.

Are there any other ways to show proof of relationshipbetween my aunt and my mother?

TLDR: my aunt and my mom do not have birth certificates to show proof of relationship. Is there any other way to show proof of relationship besides birth certificate?
Do they have any documents that show the names of their parents?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019

I was in the same exact situation, I applied for my aunt's visa, and she holds a different citizenship from my mother and no birth certificates.

As proof of relationship, I uploaded both of their passports along with mine.

Their passports will show that they are infact sisters as they share the same mother, father and family name. While my passport shows that my mother is actually my mother.

If your passport doesn't say your mother's name, then you can include your birth certificate along with the three passports and that will say the mother's name.