+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of reestablishment

backtoCAN

Jun 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am sponsoring my common-law boyfriend for Canadian PR. Part of the sponsor application is of course the the details of re-establishment. We're thinking of including the following documentation:
I) 2 letters from my family that they will support us if necessary
II) e-mails with recruitment companies about potential jobs
III) a statement from my Canadian bankaccount (still active)
IV) signing up with the Canadian Association of Professional Regulatory Affairs (work in that field)

Any other suggestions?
I also see that a lot of people also include e-mails with real-estate brokers, but what do you include in your e-mails?
We don't know when our application will be approved of course? And when we'll be moving. Any feedback on this too
will be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
e-mails with recruitment companies about potential jobs--->does that you have the job or not really?

I assume you are not currently living in Canada, is that correct?

A job offer from a Canadian company or government should be enough.

An address in Canada that you are intending to live/stay.

I don;t think e-mails with real estate brokers would play any roles.

backtoCAN

Jun 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We're currently living together in The Netherlands. And preferrably we move to C. together.

e-mails with recruitment companies about potential jobs--->does that you have the job or not really?
No, just some correspondence about jobchances.

Some e-mails with brokers does show the intention to move back to Canada.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you need a job offer.

Maybe e-mails with brokers show the intention. I am not so sure.

But gather as much info as you could....but make sure you have a job offer (if possible). That's the most important proof.

Gluck

lesintheuk

Jan 9, 2009
Gather as much information as you can, the letters from family members helps and your emails, etc will certainly help as well. I didn't have a job offer or a mortgage or a rental agreement, I simply wrote a letter stating how I intended to re-establish myself, sent letters from my family & friends where they said they would help us with initial accomodation and support if it was necessary and I detailed how I intended to go about finding a rental apartment and then obtaining a mortgage, and obviously how I thought I would find a job and where we would be based. So far, I have been approved as a sponsor (my husband's PR application is still in process).

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
ya I included on my common law application offers of employment , 5 affadavits confirming our relationship , and letters of support from sports clubs that i played for in Canada ... still no answer though .

popo

Jul 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-01-2010
I am curious about this as well..
I plan to include proof my flight home, my university timetable for the upcoming year and the receipt of tuition payment
what else should i include? should i include a copy of my UK student VISA - to show the expiry date and confirm my intentions for being out of Canada in the first place?

backtoCAN

Jun 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for the tips so far. I guess the way I'm thinking of it is that there's 2 arms for the proof of re-establishment: housing and employment. My concern is that we don't have any lease and we don't own any property in Canada and we don't intend to look for something before we send in our application. Yes, we will have letters from our parents/relatives saying that they will support us and we can stay with them as long as we need to... but is this enough?!?!? I just don't know how else to take care of the housing issue...
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I was in the same boat as you backtoCAN and best thing is explain yourself and your intentions.. show that you have thought about it and discussed with your spouse a plan for your future. The letters help. Our visa office hasn't asked us for anything else but some offices are strict about things. Depends on the office and the IO. Best is explain as well as you can with as much evidence as you can offer. Good luck!

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hi

Just for information, we included the following with our application:

- A statement from my personal Canadian account (and not a whole lot in it!)
- An email from a company I've a relationship with regarding a possible job for me- I stress "possible", nothing 100%
- Correspondance from Centennial College, Toronto regarding a course my partner had applied for (no offer at that stage, though he's been offered a place since)
- An email from my folks offering us the use of their basement if we didn't have our own accommodation organised!

That was about the extent of our proof of re-establishment and we were fortunate to be approved very quickly. We're just waiting to get his passport back now.

Good luck!
Tara