+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Income for Self-Employed/Statement of Business Activities

Beeo08

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Hi,

On the checklist, it asks for proof of income if you are self-employed, it says provide evidence of income for the last 12 months. In paranthesis, it states, Statement of Business Activities.

1.) I'm just sponsoring my spouse, so income doesn't matter, but I guess they just want to see if I'm actually or not.

2.) What constitutes proof? It asks for a Statement of Business Activities. On my tax return, there is something called a Statement of Business Activities but that's just a form that you fill out, so I'm not sure if that "proves" anything. Or I know some people would have their account provide some certified documents, but my business is a small business and I do the accounting myself so I don't have anything official to provide.

My Question:

What could constitute proof of self-employment income for the last 12 months? Can I just provide PDF print outs from my bank, underlining the invoice payments that came in? Should I provide the Statement of Business Activities that I filled out for my tax return (but that wouldn't be for the last 12 months but rather the previous year)?

What have other people done here?

Thanks,

Ben

Bublikova

Apr 12, 2016
Hi Ben!

My husband also is self-employed. When we submitted the application, we just put there his recent Notice of Assessment, Option C Printout from CRA website(which is required for self employed) and the other tax forms which were required (t4e, t5, etc.) from the sponsor`s income package.Note: even though some additional tax forms will be blank, you still need to submit them. All those forms can be retrieved from your account at cra website.

Hope this will help.