+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

gemini88

Sep 27, 2010
Hello

please let me know that for how much time we have to keep money in our account in order to show Funds proof like in case of two persons we have to show $13,837 in FSW category.

Plese reply asap.

Thanks

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skilled workers and professionals for 2 people amount should be countable in CAD $13,837 Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars).

Read more about POF here on CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

OMM

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemini88 said:
Hello

please let me know that for how much time we have to keep money in our account in order to show Funds proof like in case of two persons we have to show $13,837 in FSW category.

Plese reply asap.

Thanks
Till u get the Visas

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
correct ankit, but not till get the visa, till landing to Canada.

OMM

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
omm said:
correct ankit, but not till get the visa, till landing to Canada.

OMM
There is nowhere written that someone maintain the fund till Visa or Landing. Just show amount at the time of varification and at the time of Landing.

Read Guide line carefully. It only asks to show POF .

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
murtazaabbasi said:
There is nowhere written that someone maintain the fund till Visa or Landing. Just show amount at the time of varification and at the time of Landing.

Everything is not written in guide. It's just a common sense.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Till u get visas. As any point of time during ur process they can ask u about POF.

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
canada1234 said:
Everything is not written in guide. It's just a common sense.
Yes. you are correct but whole process is bassed on guide line, there is nothing to get with common sense. VO simply inquire those whose cases are suspecious.
Immigration is so long procedure since last three, four years they now one cant manage huge amount with 4 or more than 4 family member's POF in bank .

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
murtazaabbasi said:
Yes. you are correct but whole process is bassed on guide line, there is nothing to get with common sense. VO simply inquire those whose cases are suspecious.
Immigration is so long procedure since last three, four years they now one cant manage huge amount with 4 or more than 4 family member's POF in bank .
By withdrawing money your case will become automatically suspicious. VO will get confirm that you have borrowed money from someone. You never know when CIC will enquire from your bank about POF. If you wanna take a risk then go ahead. Everyone of us is facing the same problem of holding the money for so long because we don't have any other option. It is recommended that you should keep the required funds in your a/c till you get visa.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
canada1234 said:
By withdrawing money your case will become automatically suspicious. VO will get confirm that you have borrowed money from someone. You never know when CIC will enquire from your bank about POF. If you wanna take a risk then go ahead. Everyone of us is facing the same problem of holding the money for so long because we don't have any other option. It is recommended that you should keep the required funds in your a/c till you get visa.
+1 to above post.
Its always better to maintain funds. Irrespective of it being annoying.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
gemini88 said:
Hello

Plese reply asap.

Thanks
Better keep minimum funds in your account till u get visas. Show the account that u r regularly using for collection / deposit and payments and make sure that minimum amount is always there. VO can always ask u for updating the status and may require 3, 6 or 12 months statement. In case of any shortfalls, suspicions are inevitable.

In immigration process, dont take chances.
gud luk
asyousuf

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murtazaabbasi said:

As per other OP's it's just common sense to maintain your POF,, POF is must upto landing but you can use your money during process the risk is if VO asked you for latest POF and you don't have enough balance in your accounts or you fail to show enough fund than possible to get rejection at that point due-to lack of POF (POF will asked by VO during your Case is "in-process to before medical", in some cases with medical and after medical, if VO called for interview at that point VO may ask for latest POF its depend on VO and applicants file process, the process described on CIC manual is the looks same for all of us but each applicants have own process within respected local VO, so do not compare your file process with others).

OMM

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got a PM, I am posting a part of it w/o to just let you know what is importance of holding on to funds till you get the visa stamped.

"this time they asked to send net-worth statements including bank statements for the last 12 months.just 2 months ago, I withdraw the money from the account and bought some golds .will the depletion of the money in the account lead me to the refusal of the PR?could you please suggest me what to do! I feel so foolish for the unwanted withdrawal of the money from the account "

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
ankit_20 said:
I just got a PM, I am posting a part of it w/o to just let you know what is importance of holding on to funds till you get the visa stamped.

"this time they asked to send net-worth statements including bank statements for the last 12 months.just 2 months ago, I withdraw the money from the account and bought some golds .will the depletion of the money in the account lead me to the refusal of the PR?could you please suggest me what to do! I feel so foolish for the unwanted withdrawal of the money from the account "
Well the person can write an explanation letter and provide with Buying and Selling Receipt of the Gold. Corresponding to Money taken out and deposited back. No choice other than that I guess.