+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

Elisa78

Jul 3, 2017
i am the PA but my husband is the one providing the POF. The funds have been in my account for over a year (in Treasury bills and rolled over after maturity). I intend including the following in my application:

All the TB certificates in the last 12 months
my husband 6 months pay slip
my husband letter of employment
husband recent letter of promotion and salary breakdown

I hope this suffixes? please do let me know if there is any additional document to include.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
i am the PA but my husband is the one providing the POF. The funds have been in my account for over a year (in Treasury bills and rolled over after maturity). I intend including the following in my application:

All the TB certificates in the last 12 months
my husband 6 months pay slip
my husband letter of employment
husband recent letter of promotion and salary breakdown

I hope this suffixes? please do let me know if there is any additional document to include.
Proof of funds shouldn't be confused with proof of income. Payslips, letter of employment etc... won't be of any use for POF. One may have an income, but if all money is spent, then one has no funds. So no need for those.
If the funds have been in your account for a year, and not his account, then you're good.
You just need:
-Bank letter for his account stating date account opened, current balance, account number, and average 6 months balance (Check POF page on CIC website)
-And if you can't get your bank to write the 6 months average, attach bank statements for that account for the last 6 months.

Reactions: Yaadi_787

Elisa78

Jul 3, 2017
Many thanks for the response.

My husband is unwilling to include his salary account as there is a loan running.

but i can add my own account statement where the investment matures into and is re-invested?

I hope that will be ok?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Many thanks for the response.

My husband is unwilling to include his salary account as there is a loan running.

but i can add my own account statement where the investment matures into and is re-invested?

I hope that will be ok?
An account where a loan is active, doesn't render that account inacceptable for immigration. It all depends how high the loan is. But sure, I get him, peace of mind.
You can add any account in your name, as long as the funds in it are immediately accessible cash, and are not loaned.
I don't know your exact investment terms and conditions, and how they appear on your statements, but as long as you satisfy the above, you're fine.

dukkibanna

Nov 15, 2018
Hi Experts..... Can Someone please advice me regarding the POF
I got my ITA..and have gathered all the required docs except the Proof of Funds and targeting to 15th dec…

I have a joint account with my Wife in which I had deposited 8 lakh (received from someone owed me) just 15 days before I received the ITA before that it was just 10K in account
I was planning to show my and my wife’s salary account as the rest of the POF (remaining 5 lakh).
In joint account I don’t have the balance maintained for 6 month… So my questions is which of the below option I should opt:

a) Transfer the joint account money to my fathers account and get it in my salary account as gift deed and not show the joint account…. or..
b) Give the statement of the joint account as it will be 2 month old the day I submit the my application

the Problem with the first approved is that the gift deed will be approx 70 of Total POF....