+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I'm accepted to apply for PR via the CEC, but the site is telling me I need to provide proof of funds: Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

You must scan all proof of funds documents and save them as one file.
but on the CIC website: /english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
I am currently working on a valid work permit, and in a full time position (with LMIA approval) which I will continue in after getting my PR

So what document should I be uploading? because the website wont let me continue unless I upload something ???