Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
Please Can anyone tell me what assets can i include in proof of funds. Do i have to obtain a balance confirmation letter from bank or bank statements will do? Whether i can include shares and mututal funds?

Thanks in advance.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Hi,
it has to be tangiable,transferable asset, so bank statement should do, the checklist also says that its good to provide previous history too,,,so you can make it 6months to1 year, or show bank certifcates in your name.
It cannot be your jewellery or car, thats for sure,

The guide states that Property in your name can be included (must be free of mortgage), but I have not seen forum members recommending it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

r_sab said:
Hi,
it has to be tangiable,transferable asset, so bank statement should do, the checklist also says that its good to provide previous history too,,,so you can make it 6months to1 year, or show bank certifcates in your name.

The guide states that Property in your name can be included (must be free of mortgage), but I have not seen forum members recommending it.
Only London will accept a property valuation for the initial proof of funds, no other offices.

PMM

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r_sab said:
Hi,

where does it state that it must be free of Mortgage?
And PMM is right, London accepts Property valuation as proof.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
manila visa office also requires a statement of personal net worth, but i'm not sure if they include the properties you list as proof of funds.

Jul 18, 2016
Hi there.

I am currently working in Canada under my post graduate work permit and the permit is valid until 2019. I recently received invitation in express entry under Federal Skilled worker program for which there is a requirement of funds. I want to know if showing funds in my bank account is necessary or not! Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks