+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds when the money is not under your name

pogamer808

Apr 17, 2023
Hello all! I have received an ITA and I need to show 15000 CAD. Over the past 3 years I have been sending large amounts of money (that I got from my salary) to my father so that he could invest them and pay me interest. The result is there are a number of investments under his name (and not mine). Since I need to show money from my account for proof of funds, he has enough money in a liquidated state that he can simply send over to my account.

So the question is, do I pretend that this is a gift from my father and attach the gift deed, or do I say that this is money I had given him for investment purposes that he has simply returned back? Since all the transactions happened between the same 2 accounts (mine and my fathers), I have a complete history of transactions that I could present as proof. Will this make things more complicated and extend application processing time since the migration officer will have to look through years of bank statements? Does a gift deed where my father has "gifted" me the money be safer?

BTW I have no loans or debt.

Thank you in advance!

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
It being a gift is fine. However what most financial institutions do is they have Beneficial Owners they can specify if it's not the same as the account holder. Find out if that bank can list you as a beneficial owner and get a letter to that effect.

pogamer808

Apr 17, 2023
It being a gift is fine. However what most financial institutions do is they have Beneficial Owners they can specify if it's not the same as the account holder. Find out if that bank can list you as a beneficial owner and get a letter to that effect.
Thanks for the info! I am already listed as the nominee, I'll see if I can be set as the beneficiary as well!