+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds : Study Permit

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
Hello guys,

I have an important question, for the proof of funds, I deposited my savings into my bank account to use for proof of funds in my study permit application. Will that be a problem?
(I have a full scholarship too, and another letter from a Canadian relative sponsoring me with an amount of funds).

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,

I have an important question, for the proof of funds, I deposited my savings into my bank account to use for proof of funds in my study permit application. Will that be a problem?
(I have a full scholarship too, and another letter from a Canadian relative sponsoring me with an amount of funds).

Thank you
No.

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
I did
You didn’t say that in your post. Can be an issue because you have to show 4 months of statements. You need to explain where the money came from.
I did provide 4 months in the statement. But, It shows that the last few days before submitting I deposited my savings into the account. I did not provide a letter in my application, thoughts?

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
I did

I did provide 4 months in the statement. But, It shows that the last few days before submitting I deposited my savings into the account. I did not provide a letter in my application, thoughts?
I did not provide a Personal Letter explaining the situation^

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What should I expect now? is it a basis for the refusal of my whole application or a document request type of resolution?
IRCC doesn’t request documents. You are expected to submit a complete application. You can include letter in a webform but it can take over 30 days for officer to open our webform and review documentation. Are you applying for September because if so you have applied very late. What is the program and school?

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
IRCC doesn’t request documents. You are expected to submit a complete application. You can include letter in a webform but it can take over 30 days for officer to open our webform and review documentation. Are you applying for September because if so you have applied very late. What is the program and school?
January 25 - UoT - PhD

bingobilona

Jul 15, 2024
I do have a full scholarship with extra living expenses coverage. Honestly, my bank statement aimed to show that I have extra savings that can support my stay for a year. Additionally, I have a letter of fund support from a relative with their own 4-month statement proof and proof of relationship. Do I need to submit a web form, or wait for them first to process? (Processing time is a month)

Last edited: