+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds on landing-cash

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
Hello everyone! I wanted to know if I can withdraw all the money from my account that I showed as proof of funds in EE, and bring that with me to Canada in cash? If yes, what documents will I need to provide for that? My bank statement showing that I withdrew that amount? Thanks in advance

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I had the POF in cash when i landed 5+ years ago. I declared the amount - Canadian customs didn't ask any questions, i was just handed a form to fill and sign (they have a mandate to report to a regulatory body when someone arrives with a $10k+ amount).

However, few days later when i opened a bank account, that was when they asked some questions about the source of funds and etc, so any documentation you have will be useful at that point.

Shetur Shah

Nov 13, 2017
Ok so if I have the balance certificate from my Indian bank and statement of accounts, that will do? For opening an account there and depositing the amount?
I had the POF in cash when i landed 5+ years ago. I declared the amount - Canadian customs didn't ask any questions, i was just handed a form to fill and sign (they have a mandate to report to a regulatory body when someone arrives with a $10k+ amount).

However, few days later when i opened a bank account, that was when they asked some questions about the source of funds and etc, so any documentation you have will be useful at that point.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Ok so if I have the balance certificate from my Indian bank and statement of accounts, that will do? For opening an account there and depositing the amount?
That should be sufficient, its not an unusual situation that a newcomer deposits a large cash amount during the settlement period...they have seen it happen over and over.