+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds Letter - Mismatch in Name

Juz50

Mar 8, 2020
Hi

The name in my Bank Account contains only my First and Middle name. However, the name in my passport has first + middle + last name.

Will this be a problem if my POF letter is submitted without my last name mentioned on it ? I have checked with the bank and they are unable to add my last name onto the POF statement.

The other option is Opening a new bank account with my full name mentioned. Is this advisable, will i face an issue if i am unable to show a bank statement for the past 6 months?

Awaiting some good responses...
Thanks

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi

The name in my Bank Account contains only my First and Middle name. However, the name in my passport has first + middle + last name.

Will this be a problem if my POF letter is submitted without my last name mentioned on it ? I have checked with the bank and they are unable to add my last name onto the POF statement.

The other option is Opening a new bank account with my full name mentioned. Is this advisable, will i face an issue if i am unable to show a bank statement for the past 6 months?

Awaiting some good responses...
Thanks
not an issue. include an affidavit in your application regarding the name differences.

Reactions: Juz50