+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds includes bank letters from all the banks accounts I own?

addynick

Oct 1, 2019
I got an ITA and regarding the proof of funds, I have few questions:

1. Do I show all the bank accounts and how much is the balance in all accounts?
2. One bank account has enough funds required by CIC but other bank account have less money and also has car loan on that. There is no issue with the payments but overall it will be less than CIC requirements if I show both bank accounts. Do I just show one bank with enough funds instead?
3. Does the bank letter has to be in Canadian dollars or Can I just have the letter in the currency of the country I'm living in?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
No need to show all your accounts. One is enough
No need to show CAD however you need to make sure you have enough funds to meet the requirement taking into consideration the fluctuation in exchange rate

Reactions: hamgha

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Make sure to have a bit more than needed amount in case of fluctuations.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020

2. One bank account has enough funds required by CIC but other bank account have less money and also has car loan on that. There is no issue with the payments but overall it will be less than CIC requirements if I show both bank accounts. Do I just show one bank with enough funds instead?
3. Does the bank letter has to be in Canadian dollars or Can I just have the letter in the currency of the country I'm living in?

Thanks
As long as you have more than enough in one it is ok. THey will do convertion rates using www.xe.com and the day of submission as reference for exchange.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

Thanks
1. You need to show only those bank account(s) which have your POF. However, you can show all if you wish to.
2. Just show the bank account with enough funds.
3. Banks usually do not issue letters with foreign currency evaluation and neither it is needed for them or for you to. The bank letter can be in your currency. You can also mention the Canadian equivalent in your LOE, while including the date and source of conversion (like google.com or xe.com or whatever website you prefer to convert currencies, though it is not required).