+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds in spouses account

Oct 31, 2019
Ok I'm having an issue that seems different from everyone's else here since my wife will not come with me to canada since it's only a one year program . I will share the email my wife sent to the consulate and hopefully someone will know something.

Good afternoon, I have a question regarding proof of funds for a study permit that I cannot find an answer to online. Please answer thoroughly as I cannot find an answer on canadas website. My husband wants to apply for a canadian study permit (he is Mexican). The issue is that all the money is in my bank account (our savings) . I'm american and my bank account is a U. S account. I called my bank to ask to have my husband put as an account holder and the bank told me he has to be present in a branch with me. This is not possible because my husband does not have permission to enter the U.S . We keep the funds in my U.S account due to the exchange rate between pesos and dollars. We don't want to to put all the money in pesos. How can we show proof of funds for him. He will be going to study alone. I will not be joining him. Is the a non objection form or anything else I can sign or do??