+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - gift deed?

mariabas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
I recently received an ITA. However, my parents transferred the amount in bulk to my bank account. Would a gift deed or an affidavit stating that these funds can be used by me and they dont need it back serve the purpose? Has any one proceeded in the same way and got a PR? Also, are there chances of rejection because of this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is exactly what you're supposed to get: a gift deed.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-express-entry-t263315.765.html

According to this you can also include your bank statements and your parents bank statement to show the transfer.

Cheers ;)

Ambidextrause

May 5, 2017
Hello House,

Quick one: can someone source for funds within the first 20 days of the 90 days and keep it in one's account for about 60 days before submitting application? This will be fixed and no deductions be made till PPR. I know two guys whose applications were probably refused because of POF even though they eventually made the target, lumps sums perhaps were frowned at. Deed of gift, regardless

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hey guys, what happened, did IRCC accept that gift deed as Proof of Funds? In a similar situation right now. Thanks.