+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for spouse's visitor visa

nav60139

Sep 20, 2018
Hi,

I am staying in Canada on Post Graduate Work Permit. My wife is applying for a visitor visa from India for a short-term visit to Canada.

I have fixed deposits of 7 lakh INR in my bank account at SBI. Can my wife show this as proof of funds for her visitor visa if I provide a NOC letter stating that my wife can use these funds?

Is the account has to be joint in order to do this? If this is possible, please share a sample format of the letter.

Thanks and Regards,
nav60139

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am staying in Canada on Post Graduate Work Permit. My wife is applying for a visitor visa from India for a short-term visit to Canada.
It's best for her to apply for a SOWP if you are eligible.

I have fixed deposits of 7 lakh INR in my bank account at SBI. Can my wife show this as proof of funds for her visitor visa if I provide a NOC letter stating that my wife can use these funds?

Is the account has to be joint in order to do this? If this is possible, please share a sample format of the letter.
No, she cannot include these FDs as 'Funds for her visit' for three reasons:
1. Are the FDs locked-in? Or they yield interest at regular intervals which is then credited to a joint bank account?

2. No bank will allow a spouse to access FDs, bank accounts, etc on the strength of just an NOC. Not even if the the spouse is a nominee for those FDs.

3. No one will liquidate their FDs to pay for a visit

On a similar note:
She cannot include these FDs as part of her overall financial situation too