+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Questrade.

Mococok

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi, bros. I am gathering documents related to " proof of funds"

I have accounts in TD and Scotia bank. For these banks, I just need to go to the bank and request documents for Proof of funds to apply PR.

Q. However, I have a Questrade account, for this, How can I get the documents as proof of funds?

I can get Statements as pdf files in Questrade, is enough for this? or do I have to get other documents?

because what I can see on CIC website is like this

• he applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Thank you very much for your answers.

eyyazilimci

Jan 21, 2023
Hi, bros. I am gathering documents related to " proof of funds"

I have accounts in TD and Scotia bank. For these banks, I just need to go to the bank and request documents for Proof of funds to apply PR.

Q. However, I have a Questrade account, for this, How can I get the documents as proof of funds?

I can get Statements as pdf files in Questrade, is enough for this? or do I have to get other documents?

because what I can see on CIC website is like this

• he applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accountsas well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Thank you very much for your answers.
Hi,

Did you end up submitting any kind of document for your investments in Questrade? Please let me know, I am in the same situation.

eyyazilimci

Jan 21, 2023
@StanleyS I did not include it. I am applying through CEC so proof of funds should not be required. But the system was asking for it so I uploaded a bank statement only to be able to apply. I believe if you put 0$ for the question which asks you how much money you are bringing to Canada, it shouldnt ask you to provide a proof of fund. I dont know which option IRCC prefers for CEC applicants.