+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds and wife as prime applicant

caveman

Feb 20, 2011
Hi

We are planning to apply for an immigration under the skilled worker quota and we reside in India. My wife would be the primary applicant and I would be a part of the application process ( as a spouse immigrating with her )
I am planning to save up for the immigration from this current year onwards and m sure accumulating my savings for this year and my wifes together in this year we can reach up to the necessary funds required for proof of funds for the canadian immigration.
We would be accumulating these funds in our savings joint account. The funds will be accumulated from the current salary that we both draw and some other savings like mutual funds stock certificates ( which i can withdraw) fix diposits
I have some doubts ..
can we show out combined accumulated funds ?
do we have to wait for a tenure of 6 to 1 year before applying with the accumulated funds lying in our account or i can apply as soon as the funds are accumulated..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi and Welcome! You can apply as soon as you have the required funds as long as your wife has been employed for a minimum of one year full time in one of the NOC 29 occupations and you can make a minimum 67 points between you. This NOC list and the qualifying numbers may change so keep reading the forum and the official CIC website. The important thing about Proof of Funds is that it is YOUR OWN MONEY. By saving your shared earnings, and showing your bank account steadily building is the safest way to prove the money is yours. Good Luck and welcome to The Amazing Race!

caveman

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks Pippin for replying....
Actually i have other query regarding the same..
My wife has some joint accounts with her father (her father is the prime account holder) before our marriage...
She has some fix diposits in this account.. Is it possible to show this account. . Or in which way can that money be shown as her money...

Also do i have to send the proof of funds to the cio in canada or is it to be shown during the next process
Thanks.

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
for funding purposes only accounts of self or spouse can be produced...if she has joint account with parents than that is not considered as of applicants.... not even if parents give undertaking that this can be used by her....better option is to convert the joint account into her own name or conversion of her share into her own a/c

hope this will help

caveman

Feb 20, 2011
Do i have to send the proof of funds to the CIO or i have to just write the amount in the application and show it at the later visa stage

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
do read visa guide application package at CIC thoroughly...u ll get the answer to all such question....

u need to send all document to CIC including notarized copy of proof of funds