01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vehla_ji said:
yes with affidavit written by parents and tested by notary
Wrong answer.

No - the funds must be either yours or your spouse's (if you have one). They cannot belong to your parents.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

How much money should you bring?

It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

source:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
scylla said:
Wrong answer.

No - the funds must be either yours or your spouse's (if you have one). They cannot belong to your parents.
sorry i was wrong but i used my parents money when i came first time in canada (2011) coz my account was full empty and i still have those affidavits and cic accept it and allow me to enter canada. that time i dont have any job offer.

jagaban

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Vehla_ji

Don't feel bad. Obviously you didn't immigrate. The rules for immigration is different from education.

bayoosip

Jun 3, 2020
Can I have the money in my account with a gift deed, stating my parents gifted me the money to live in canada?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Can I have the money in my account with a gift deed, stating my parents gifted me the money to live in canada?
Yes you can. Show gift deed, chèque or transfer receipt, bank statement showing inflow, bank reference letter from your bank.