+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund during landing

matthewhiu

May 6, 2020
Hello,

I am planning fly to Canada to complete the landing procedure for my PR application. I have two questions regarding the Proof of Fund when landing:
1. Do I need to show a signed/stamped letter from my bank to indicate the average balance over past 6 months? Or just a print out of my latest bank statement would suffice?
2. If I bring cash that meets 100% of the required amount, would that be a sufficient Proof of Fund?

Thanks

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am planning fly to Canada to complete the landing procedure for my PR application. I have two questions regarding the Proof of Fund when landing:
1. Do I need to show a signed/stamped letter from my bank to indicate the average balance over past 6 months? Or just a print out of my latest bank statement would suffice?
2. If I bring cash that meets 100% of the required amount, would that be a sufficient Proof of Fund?

Thanks
Bring $9,900 with you and the other with bank account statement perhaps 2-3 days before flying.

You can bring them all with you if you declare in every border entry, but its seems a little hassle in my point of view.

Good luck !

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
Have you looked into the possibility of opening a bank account in Canada remotely ? Some banks offer that options to newcomers.