proof of financial support. kindly guide me

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
usman here. from pakistan

i have got admission for MSC CIVIL ENGINEERING for WINTER 2015 session. Now i have to apply for visa in mid of October. i have very good educational profile 3.745/4 cgpa in my BSC. and also got a entrance scholarship of $4000 for my masters studies from UOM. now coming to the problem i m facing is that. my father is an government officer and he didn't maintain a bank statement. now only option i have left with is to show my own bank statement. but i have to prove that this money belongs to me. actually there are few prize bonds(cash prize) that we won. so if i go to the state bank of Pakistan and show them that i have won then they will give me a cheque of my name that i will cash in my own bank account..in bank it will remain there for 1.5 to 2 months.. not four months.. as i have to apply in October.. is this the right solution? does it work? as the money clearly states that it belongs to me. i will attach copies of cheques + prize bonds along with my visa application ..

and i can also attach some property documents of my father and my father salary slips which shows ties with my parents and my home land + my own salary account and salary slips to show proof of my job..

cluster

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2017
Nomination.....
PNP Ontario
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 2018
VISA ISSUED...
January 2018
LANDED..........
Ottawa - January 2018
i would suggest you to go for GIC if its available for your country..
also paying one year/semester fee before applying for visa helps..

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Usman,

actually there are few prize bonds(cash prize) that we won. so if i go to the state bank of Pakistan and show them that i have won then they will give me a cheque of my name that i will cash in my own bank account..in bank it will remain there for 1.5 to 2 months.. not four months.. as i have to apply in October.. is this the right solution
n
I actually did not very well understand your situation here. Nevertheless here is my two cents from what I understood : You can encash your gift amount and get a bank statement saying that that is your current bank balance. While applying for VISA bank statement has to be recent so this should work. I dont suppose anyone is coming in to check if that amount is left in your bank after you have generated the bank statement.

i will attach copies of cheques + prize bonds along with my visa application ..

You can still show these documents as it will brighten your opportunities with the approval.

You can also show any Life Insurance amount/RD/FD or any such deposits as a proof of fund. bank loan (if applying) can also help.

Basically, your pof should convince the VO that you are financially capable of paying the tuition fee of your University/College and that you are financially able enough to live in Canada without any job to support you while you are a student.

Depositing the GIC amount of $10,100 dollars will serve you a bonus as that certifies your financial survival whilst being a student.

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
actually i am saying that i will have $20,000/- by the end of this august and this amount is in form of different cheques of different cash prize on my name, of different dates not of a same date.
and i will apply at end of october for visa.. but this makes my bank statement of about 2months( august end to october end).. the amount will stay there till end, this amount is mine and i will use this for my study

i want to know that in my case whether this 2months bank statement scenario instead of 4months bank statement will effect my visa case?

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
MANI09 said:
actually i am saying that i will have $20,000/- by the end of this august and this amount is in form of different cheques of different cash prize on my name, of different dates not of a same date.
and i will apply at end of october for visa.. but this makes my bank statement of about 2months( august end to october end).. the amount will stay there till end, this amount is mine and i will use this for my study

i want to know that in my case whether this 2months bank statement scenario instead of 4months bank statement will effect my visa case?
Mani sorry to ask u but its make sense to ask you while you showing ur own bank account whats ur salary If u show u r supporting ur self it will make ur case weak in study permit but strong in immigration permit. and if u showing ur father supporting u then u should show ur father bank statement coz after applying u become student in visa officer eye. show ur father bank statement is my suggestion whether its maintain or not u have time u can maintain statement by transaction in one month make transactions in one month means withdraw and deposits cash and cheques of different accounts and keep money in account untill u not get visa

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My salary is 50,000/ month.. actually my father gave me these bonds so that i can deposit the winning amount on my name in my salary account. but that money will come in my account by the end of this month.. what if i attach a affidavit in which my father states that he is supporting me and he gave me these bonds as a gift so that i can afford my studies by my own???? along with this i will attach property papers, my father job letter, his salary slips. he is government officer so he didn't maintain his account..
one important thins is this all cash prizes are 4months old from the date of applying for visa.now i m just depositing the winning amount. and this cheque clearly states that state bank of pakistan giving that cheque on my name.. so its not like that the embassy will think that they won a prize and that's they are able to manage fees.

kinldy guide me.. this is only way i am left with