+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Cohabitation - Do we have enough?

Fred 223

Sep 3, 2020
Hello, My partner and I are applying for a common law sponsorship visa so that I can stay in Canada. We are working on putting together proof of cohabitation, but I am not sure whether we can provide enough evidence. Here is a list of what we can provide.

• Rental agreements, letter from landlord and receipts for rent from the 3 places we have lived together over the last 16 months.
  • Photos
  • Printed messages from the last year.
  • Letters from friends and family
  • Split wise which is an app we use to work out shared finances (not sure if this is even worth including) if it was accepted it could prove that we share household finances as usually we split the cost of all our groceries, household purchases etc. with this app.
  • amazon and other receipts for things we bought online.
One of our major problems is that because we have been moving frequently we have kept our mailing address as my Partners Mum's house. So we can provide the following but all of them only prove our mailing address. From what I gather, this is most definitely an issue.

• Phones bills
  • Insurance
  • drivers licenses
  • bank statements
Thanks in advance, any advice or stories of similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
The leases and Amazon deliveries will help - everything else does not prove cohabitation. What about renters insurance? Gas/electricity bills? Those usually have to go to the same address.

Fred 223

Sep 3, 2020
The leases and Amazon deliveries will help - everything else does not prove cohabitation. What about renters insurance? Gas/electricity bills? Those usually have to go to the same address.
Unfortunately all of the places we have lived were all inclusive, so we didn't have to pay any bills, and we didn't have renters insurance. Unfortunately these are the kind of things we are only thinking about now that we are trying to prove our relationship to the government!