+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship - solemn declaration

IMQT_16

Jun 10, 2021
The ircc already send me the certificate but I didnt receive it. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the replacement if I submit the solemn declaration form? If I submit the form, is it mean that i need to wait another year again? Does anyone face this situation?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The ircc already send me the certificate but I didnt receive it. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the replacement if I submit the solemn declaration form? If I submit the form, is it mean that i need to wait another year again? Does anyone face this situation?
You'll have to apply for 'Proof of Citizenship'.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/about.html

Unfortunately, the waiting time mentioned is 15 months!

I hope it doesn't take that long and you receive your certificate at the earliest.

There was one other member on this forum who also did not receive the citizenship certificate. The OP completed oath I think in August 2020 but never received the certificate. The OP has filled in the solemn declaration sometime in November 2020 but still hasn't received the citizenship certificate.

Fill in the solemn declaration and give it a month. If you don't hear back from IRCC, contact your MP and explain your hardship to the MP. If you cannot get passport from any other country because you lost the citizenship of the other country after you became a Canadian citizen, tell your MP that and request him/her to look into this with urgency.