+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship for 'Lost Canadians' under new rules

mature

Sep 15, 2014
On June 12th I sent my application for Proof of Citizenship under the new provisions (Bill C24) granting me for the first time Canadian citizenship. According to Canada Post tracking it was received by CIC on June 15th. I have not heard from them since.(No letter of aknowledgement of receipt, the online application status tool posts no information and I have called the Call Center several times but I receive different answers. Nothing reliable). Is there a member of this Forum in a similar situation who can share his/her experiences. Thanks in advance.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
My experience when I applied for my proof last year was a long wait of silence. I sent my application in May, they printed an AOR in mid June, and didn't mail it to me until Mid July. All in all, it took about 5 months to get the proof.

mature

Sep 15, 2014
Thank you for your response. I am afraid there is nothing else to do but wait. What I am mostly concerned about is the scenario that they have found something wrong with the application and or/and the supporting documents and I will have to start all over again.