+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion in Same Company - Two Different Titles and Same NOC

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hi,

I am at the stage of submitting documents after ITA. I have 3 years work experience in the same NOC at the same company. I was an Analyst for the first 2 years and was an Associate for the last year but both roles had same roles & responsibilities. I have one reference letter from the company mentioning both roles and their responsibilities (they are the same). I have the following queries:

1) Do I need to add separate entries for both the positions in Work History section?
2) If I add two entries for the same company, Can I submit the same reference letter in both sections of EE profile?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Hi,

I am at the stage of submitting documents after ITA. I have 3 years work experience in the same NOC at the same company. I was an Analyst for the first 2 years and was an Associate for the last year but both roles had same roles & responsibilities. I have one reference letter from the company mentioning both roles and their responsibilities (they are the same). I have the following queries:

1) Do I need to add separate entries for both the positions in Work History section?
2) If I add two entries for the same company, Can I submit the same reference letter in both sections of EE profile?
1/ yes
2/ yes

if it's a promotion, that's fine as long as each title ( with the same company or not) had it's own section.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
thanks for replying @sabensaid92. I'm seeing conflicting advice on this forum.
For example here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-regarding-multiple-job-titles-with-same-noc-job-responsibilities.382963/post-4788440

do you know if I can change my work history after getting ITA? I didn't have my EE profile up to date with my new job title. But same as OP, my duties and NOC are the same.
Yes you can change work history after getting ITA. I ended up removing some irrelevant work experience because the company I worked for filed for bankruptcy. So there was no HR no one to talk to. Those experiences did not affect my score and still submitted my application
I also was promoted (but NOC changed In my case), I had 2 sections but uploaded same reference letter in each one of them because it specified my timeline and roles in the company : From date x to date y = this position, from date W to date Z= This position 2

Jul 19, 2023
Yes you can change work history after getting ITA. I ended up removing some irrelevant work experience because the company I worked for filed for bankruptcy. So there was no HR no one to talk to. Those experiences did not affect my score and still submitted my application
I also was promoted (but NOC changed In my case), I had 2 sections but uploaded same reference letter in each one of them because it specified my timeline and roles in the company : From date x to date y = this position, from date W to date Z= This position 2
thank you. one last question. i was only promoted last month. so if I were to create another row with start date as November 26th, if that going to affect the continuous employment clause as it's not one year?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
thank you. one last question. i was only promoted last month. so if I were to create another row with start date as November 26th, if that going to affect the continuous employment clause as it's not one year?
I don't know how to answer that really. but if it's less than a year and in order to have this counted towards your experience, you should then put it as one row and add a explanation letter plus the reference letter from your employer and some salary payslips (first one, last one before you submit preferably)