+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion in Same Company - Express Entry Profile Update

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there.

I have a query regarding the express entry profile work history section. My NOC is 1123 - Professional occupations in advertising, marketing & public relations.

Should I update my work history considering the fact that I have been promoted to Assistant Manager level within the same department of my company? Do I need to make two entries for the same company?

1. Assistant Manager Corporate Communications - September 01, 2016 to Present
2. Management Trainee Corporate Communications - July 01, 2014 to August 31, 2016

My job duties is almost the same. Furthermore, considering the above fact will I be eligible for three years of work experience points in June 2017?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Patience dude, you only posted that 10mins ago.

If they are the same noc, list them separately and in theory it should register as continuous and allow the points.

Just make sure that when you get a letter it separates both positions:

Assistance manager: dates, salary duties
Management trainee: dates, salary, same duties +extra duties

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
If they are the same noc, list them separately and in theory it should register as continuous and allow the points.

Just make sure that when you get a letter it separates both positions:

Assistance manager: dates, salary duties
Management trainee: dates, salary, same duties +extra duties
Yes, its all about getting continuous points (so little bit confused). People previously said on this forum that no need for separate entries, just mention in your reference letter.

However, your response looks the correct approach. I can get separate letters for both positions.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
syeduzairhaider said:
Yes, its all about getting continuous points (so little bit confused). People previously said on this forum that no need for separate entries, just mention in your reference letter.

However, your response looks the correct approach. I can get separate letters for both positions.
It can be the same letter, just make sure they are separate sections :)

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
It can be the same letter, just make sure they are separate sections :)
If the letter can be the same, with separate sections. Does multiple entry in work section part of express entry advisable? ::)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
syeduzairhaider said:
If the letter can be the same, with separate sections. Does multiple entry in work section part of express entry advisable? ::)
You just upload the same letter for the separate ee entries.

navii_a

Feb 18, 2017
kryt0n said:
You just upload the same letter for the separate ee entries.
Thanks for the reply. I am in a similar situation. Just wanted to ask whether should we have different lines in my profile for management trainee and other positions ? or one line will suffice - since the employer is the same.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I got promotions in the same company with different job titles within the same NOC. I have different letters for each and I plan to list them in separate rows.

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Experts, please help
I joined in the company as "Associate Software Engineer" in 2010 and was promoted to "Software Engineer" in 2011. I worked till 2014.
My question is:

1. Do i need to make separate entry for each role , as NOC and roles and responsibilities are exactly same.
If yes, then what about the relieving letter when I show "Associate Software Engineer" ? will that be required.

2. If i make the same entry mentioning "Software Engineer", will there be any problem if my offer letter says "Associate Software Engineer"

NOTE: 1. I can get both the roles to be written on same experince letter and payslips having designations
2. my company is refusing to provide Promotion letter

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Experts, please help
I joined in the company as "Associate Software Engineer" in 2010 and was promoted to "Software Engineer" in 2011. I worked till 2014.
My question is:

1. Do i need to make separate entry for each role , as NOC and roles and responsibilities are exactly same.
If yes, then what about the relieving letter when I show "Associate Software Engineer" ? will that be required.

2. If i make the same entry mentioning "Software Engineer", will there be any problem if my offer letter says "Associate Software Engineer"

NOTE: 1. I can get both the roles to be written on same experince letter and payslips having designations
do you need to mention both roles to claim points? remember points max out at 3 years and eligibility maxes at 6

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
do you need to mention both roles to claim points? remember points max out at 3 years and eligibility maxes at 6
Actually no, i can showcase from 2011 onwards, but I thought i hav to show offer letter also, which have 2010 in it. It might create confusion

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
no i mean 2014 onwards until the present. that's almost 4 years. if they bring you enough points no need for that old job
Actually no, i can showcase from 2011 onwards, but I thought i hav to show offer letter also, which have 2010 in it. It might create confusion

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Experts, please help
My question is:

Offer letter and promotion letter not needed.

Reactions: hamgha

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Great, so just to confirm, one entry for before promotion and one entry after promotion in same organization for same noc.
I just need one experience/ reference letter and upload for both, one relieving letter and upload for both, right ?