+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion before PNP Nomination

prabhdeep141

Jul 30, 2024
Hi, i am working as a Client service representative for a financial institute for 10 months and now i am going to apply for PNP - Alberta opportunity stream. my Manager informed me about a promotion opportunity to Associate Relationship Manager (Different NOC) and asked me to apply for it. But i checked with an agent and she informed me that i can not accept the promotion as i can only apply for PNP with 6 months of experience in the same job so if i accept the promotion then i have to work in that new position for 6 months before applying for PNP. I am not sure if this is how it will be or there is any way where i can submit my PNP application under my current position (CSR) and when i get promotion (let's say in couple months) then i inform the immigration services about it and if they will let me apply for PR on the basis of my CSR experience. please someone help me with this complicated question.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on open work permit. And employer is not playing any role with the nomination.
So how are you eligible for AOS with an open work permit and no job offer supported by employer? What type of open work permit? Read job offer requirements and work experience requirements and see if you are eligible.

prabhdeep141

Jul 30, 2024
My bad, i have PGWP and my work experience is related to my qualification. And i have more than 6 month experience as it is required to apply for AOS.
I believe the requirement for AOS is
Language, study related 6 month experience, it is labour market exempt and have employment reference.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My bad, i have PGWP and my work experience is related to my qualification. And i have more than 6 month experience as it is required to apply for AOS.
I believe the requirement for AOS is
Language, study related 6 month experience, it is labour market exempt and have employment reference.
So you left out important information that you studied in Alberta and it is related to your field. Give your employer the link below as they will have to provide your job offer to support your nomination, and make sure they can provide information.

https://www.alberta.ca/job-offer-and-employer-requirements

prabhdeep141

Jul 30, 2024
They don’t mind providing job offer to support my nomination. The problem is i have opportunity to accept promotion and if i take the promotion then can i still apply for PNP with my new position (which is different NOC) or i have to gain 6 month experience in the new position first and then only i can apply for nomination. Or let’s say i apply for nomination and then after a month i get promotion opportunity and if i accept it, how it can affect my nomination application.