+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile in Express Entry - Open Work Permit with a TRV

kkpkumar

Jan 8, 2018
I have my profile active in Express Entry but don't have enough score. I have 10 Year multiple entry Visitor Visa.
Yesterday, I found out that one can apply for an Open Work Permit from outside Canada with a Valid TRV. However, I did not find much information about it.

This is the E-mail from one of the agencies.
What is an Open Work Permit?

ICCRC has confirmed that any applicant who currently holds a temporary residence permit can now apply for an Open Work permit. This can be for 1-2 years and will allow you to live and work in Canada whilst your applicatIon is processing for PR. Once you get Canadian Work Experience, this can enhance your EE application for PR. Please contact your case manager to discuss this whilst the Open Work Permit quota is open.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in Advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have my profile active in Express Entry but don't have enough score. I have 10 Year multiple entry Visitor Visa.
Yesterday, I found out that one can apply for an Open Work Permit from outside Canada with a Valid TRV. However, I did not find much information about it.

This is the E-mail from one of the agencies.
What is an Open Work Permit?

ICCRC has confirmed that any applicant who currently holds a temporary residence permit can now apply for an Open Work permit. This can be for 1-2 years and will allow you to live and work in Canada whilst your applicatIon is processing for PR. Once you get Canadian Work Experience, this can enhance your EE application for PR. Please contact your case manager to discuss this whilst the Open Work Permit quota is open.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in Advance.
Wrong. You cannot just apply for an OWP. They are only granted in very specific circumstances and there is no " open work permit quota".

People in Canada with a Temporary Residency Permit, a TRP, that invalid for more than 6 months can apply for OWPs. A TRP is a special permit for people who are inadmissible and is NOT the same thing as a TRV.