+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

profile evaluation

rahul433

Aug 16, 2011
hi friends....
one of my friends are trying to go to canada for september intake....
his profile is:-

10th - 77%
12th - 66%
B.E(Electronics & communication Engineering) - 64%
backlogs- 6
IELTS - 7 overall (with not less than 6 in each)

he wants to apply for M.A.S(computer security & forensic) programme in F.D.U for coming september intake.....

All suggestions regarding university, course, profile can be taken with high regards...

if you can please suggest courses & colleges also...

and finally what are the chances for his visa?

tiger007

Champion Member
rahul433 said:
hi friends....
one of my friends are trying to go to canada for september intake....
his profile is:-

10th - 77%
12th - 66%
B.E(Electronics & communication Engineering) - 64%
backlogs- 6
IELTS - 7 overall (with not less than 6 in each)

he wants to apply for M.A.S(computer security & forensic) programme in F.D.U for coming september intake.....

All suggestions regarding university, course, profile can be taken with high regards...

if you can please suggest courses & colleges also...

and finally what are the chances for his visa?

Hi,

As per FDU Vanc. MAS admission requirement: (http://view.fdu.edu/default.aspx?id=8639) one needs a grade point average of 2.7 (B-) in their 4 years UG studies. 2.7/4 is approx 67.5% which is more than the applicant's percentage of 64%. They may or may not relax the percentage requirements depending upon other factors and how strong the profile is.

The candidate is reccomended to apply for M.S in ECE, or if have 2-3 years work ex and a good GMAT score, can apply for MBA at the leading Canadian universities, but then again..usually most Canadian Universities require 70% or B average in their UG studies for admission to the Master's degree courses.

The MAS at FDU, which seems to be only a 30 credit course, and it's mentioned that this course is to enhance the administrative and leadership skills of graduates, this in my opinion, IMPLIES for people with already experience in similar level.

The Alternate and better option is to enroll in a bit lower grade 14 months MBA ( or 16 months , if including a foundation course for Non- Business graduates) such as at Vancouver Island Univ.(VIU). http://www.viu.ca/mba/mba.asp
VIU MBA not only has a no GMAT/ work ex requirements, a 4 months internship but also after 14-16 months your friend will get a 3 years Post grad Work permit as opposed to just 1 year of PGWP after the MAS course at FDU. Besides, VIU is a public Univ. and definitely a better option, as opposed to a private University such as FDU.
Even though, VIU requires B average in UG studies.. If your friend emails them with full profile, I'm sure they 'll consider the application for MBA as the UG degree has scores above first class.

Search for similar level MBA programmes (without GMAT, like VIU),in public Universities, which are in my opinion definitely a better option than going for MAS at FDU.

And, if your friend's interest lies in technical areas, then he/she can look for PG certificate/diploma courses (related to previous study at UG level) in Canadian colleges OR email universities across Canada, if they may consider his/her profile for admission to Master degree courses in the field of ECE or similar area of study.

The chances of your study permit/visa for any course, definitely increases if you have better marks, lesser gap years, stronger financial background (you/your parents/ or whoever sponsoring you), show studies are for matching (related to your field) and higher or at-least similar level course, work experience certificates(with ITR/tax returns proof,to make that work ex valid or legitimate) preferably in your field of study, better IELTS score etc. And hence, it depends on a variety of factors and of course luck plays it's part. So,no one can be sure.

Best of Luck.

***The info & suggestions given above are entirely based on my personal opinion and may or may not suit the applicant. The candidate is advised to do his/ her own research thoroughly before taking a final decision.

Reactions: abhijeetsingh2218