+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Assessment for EE program

Jul 31, 2017
Hello all,

Greetings of the day!
I am looking forward for suggestions from all the experienced people here for EE program for Canada. I and wife received our IELTS score just now and are curious to know about our chances. We aim to move to Canada before year end itself.

My Profile:
Education: B.Tech (Computer Science). Completed in 2010; AMIE from Institution of Engineers, India.
Additional Certifications if they hold any importance: CCNA (2010), RHCSA and RHCE (2013)
Work experience: 7.5 years
IELTS Score: 7.5 (L:7.5, R:9, W:7, S:7)

Spouse's Profile:
Education: MCA, Compute Science. Completed in 2015
Work Experience: 2.5 years
IELTS Score: 6.5 (L: 6.5, R: 6, W: 6.5, S: 7)

Also, are the internships during BCA/MCA being counted under work experience?

We both are working in Pune currently and hence it would be great if anyone could direct us to a good consultant (it at all needed).

TIA.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
You
Hello all,

Greetings of the day!
I am looking forward for suggestions from all the experienced people here for EE program for Canada. I and wife received our IELTS score just now and are curious to know about our chances. We aim to move to Canada before year end itself.

My Profile:
Education: B.Tech (Computer Science). Completed in 2010; AMIE from Institution of Engineers, India.
Additional Certifications if they hold any importance: CCNA (2010), RHCSA and RHCE (2013)
Work experience: 7.5 years
IELTS Score: 7.5 (L:7.5, R:9, W:7, S:7)

Spouse's Profile:
Education: MCA, Compute Science. Completed in 2015
Work Experience: 2.5 years
IELTS Score: 6.5 (L: 6.5, R: 6, W: 6.5, S: 7)

Also, are the internships during BCA/MCA being counted under work experience?

We both are working in Pune currently and hence it would be great if anyone could direct us to a good consultant (it at all needed).

TIA.
Please search for the CRS Calculator on the Canada.ca website for your points. You both can improve your IELTS for a better CRS score as it will have a big impact.

Do you have your ECA done? That is required for both so you can get the highest score possible.

Internships will not be counted towards work experience. Not sure about your additional certifications either.

Consultant is not needed. It is a transparent process. You will find the answers to most questions on this forum and a significant number of people are doing it themselves.

You can start maintaining the required fund balance so that when you receive an invitation, that aspect is already taken care of.

Lastly, application processing times are about 6 months from the time you provide all your documents after your ITA, so you will need to realistically plan your move as it may or may not be by end of this year.

Reactions: bhardwajamit23
Jul 31, 2017
You

Please search for the CRS Calculator on the Canada.ca website for your points. You both can improve your IELTS for a better CRS score as it will have a big impact.

Do you have your ECA done? That is required for both so you can get the highest score possible.

Internships will not be counted towards work experience. Not sure about your additional certifications either.

Consultant is not needed. It is a transparent process. You will find the answers to most questions on this forum and a significant number of people are doing it themselves.

You can start maintaining the required fund balance so that when you receive an invitation, that aspect is already taken care of.

Lastly, application processing times are about 6 months from the time you provide all your documents after your ITA, so you will need to realistically plan your move as it may or may not be by end of this year.
You

Thanks for detailed information mate. I have few queries and also have modified my approach a bit considering my wife's masters degree. Please suggest if it looks fine.

1) My wife will be primary applicant. Since she has done Master's (MCA), she will get 128 points whereas, for my B.Tech (CS), I will get only 112 points.
2) She will also reappear for IELTS and if she scores L:8 and RWS: 7+, it will boost the overall score as I have checked on CRS calculator.

Few queries related to this:
1) With the changed approach, I will be a dependent. So, can I apply for jobs or can provinces still consider me for PNP? (since I have 7.5 years of experience in Cloud computing)
2) Since we two are planning to move, the required fund will be 15531 Canadian dollars which are roughly equivalent to 8Lakhs INR. Do they consider funds in all bank accounts or in a single account? Also, do they consider invested amount (that I have in stocks, SIP) as well as available funds?
3) You mentioned ECA in your reply. I understand it can be done from WES for some nominal fee. Should I first get it done before creating EE profile?
4) [might sound stupid] If I create one profile with I as a primary applicant and my wife as dependent just to see if I get anything for PNP and later I create my wife's profile with I as dependent. Will a case like this possible, where I can create 2 separate profiles of same individuals but with the different Primary applicant?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Thanks for detailed information mate. I have few queries and also have modified my approach a bit considering my wife's masters degree. Please suggest if it looks fine.

1) My wife will be primary applicant. Since she has done Master's (MCA), she will get 128 points whereas, for my B.Tech (CS), I will get only 112 points.
Yes, this is fine.

2) She will also reappear for IELTS and if she scores L:8 and RWS: 7+, it will boost the overall score as I have checked on CRS calculator.
Good decision

Few queries related to this:
1) With the changed approach, I will be a dependent. So, can I apply for jobs or can provinces still consider me for PNP? (since I have 7.5 years of experience in Cloud computing)
I believe PNP will be considered on the basis of the primary applicant. So you can apply for jobs but I am not sure how it works out if the dependent has a valid job offer. You will need to see the rules for having a job offer and ask expert advice.

2) Since we two are planning to move, the required fund will be 15531 Canadian dollars which are roughly equivalent to 8Lakhs INR. Do they consider funds in all bank accounts or in a single account? Also, do they consider invested amount (that I have in stocks, SIP) as well as available funds?
Bank accounts, FDs, EPF balance statement, Withdrawable PPF balance can be used. You have to ensure that your funds are free from any encumbrances and are not taken as a loan. Mutual Funds and stocks are not stable sources of funds as the value fluctuates on a daily basis. As such, best to avoid these. Multiple bank accounts are fine.

3) You mentioned ECA in your reply. I understand it can be done from WES for some nominal fee. Should I first get it done before creating EE profile?
Yes, you will need the ECA done before you create your profile.

4) [might sound stupid] If I create one profile with I as a primary applicant and my wife as dependent just to see if I get anything for PNP and later I create my wife's profile with I as dependent. Will a case like this possible, where I can create 2 separate profiles of same individuals but with the different Primary applicant?
Yes, this can be done.

Thanks a ton in advance.